Brutal legend

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

drakon

Introverted™
Jan 20, 2008
I'll reserve judgement once I receive a copy in my hands. Oh wait, I can't because it's not coming out for the PC. Bastards :nag:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
:lol: ...the trailer at least makes is a winner by default.
I wonder if they will have enough money to make the game itself good.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
It's been in development for a good while, so I'm guessing they had enough money already.

This is basically Schafer's opus as far as I know. In a lot of the interviews he talks about how it's a game he's been wanting to do ever since he was young.
Apparently the main character was only loosely based on Jack Black to begin with and wasn't even supposed to be voiced by him, but turns out Jack is a huge fan of metal and gaming, and thought the game as a whole was a great idea.

I love the abstract environments, it really does remind me of metal cover art.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Aye another kickass guitar.

All I say it's "Wow". They shouldn't/can't go wrong with this.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I love the abstract environments, it really does remind me of metal cover art.
it's pretty much every metal-motiv possible from the 'classic' era.
And the wiki-page suggests that glam-rock/emo/gothic-themes will be used for/by the enemy ...

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I haven't played a Schafer game that hasn't been pretty damned good, so I have high expectations for this one.

I don't like Jack Black being the voice for the character - whilst the voice acting does seem to be pretty good as a result, his voice just doesn't seem fitting for the character and world.

g4nd41ph

Feb 1, 2005
I think it does. The style reminds me of Overlord, but with a rock theme and no minions. Just the kind of over the top epic comedy Jack Black would fit in, imho.

Also, this reminds me of School of Rock! :lol:

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48683.html?type=flv

Hero voiced by Jack Black, villain voiced by Rob Halford (of Judas Priest fame). Voice acting also done by Lita Ford, and Lemmy (and his worts)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brütal_Legend

Is there any possible way it could fail???

You make mention of all the voice work, but skip out on mention of Schafer? That's blasphemy. :eek:

But too bad Schafer's making it, which these days means it'll open to rave reviews but nobody'll buy it. That's how the game will fail. :mad:

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I hate EA. The whole vid is a downer just cause they have there greedy hands in the pot. Otherwise this game would be a deffinate buy for me. But since they snagged it up I have lost interest.

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
[GU]elmur_fud;2288551 said:
I hate EA. The whole vid is a downer just cause they have there greedy hands in the pot. Otherwise this game would be a deffinate buy for me. But since they snagged it up I have lost interest.

Why? EA publish some really good games, and at one point used to make all my favourite games on the really old consoles (megadrive etc). I like to think of this as redemption for all their sins.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
EA is a publisher. Double Fine is the developer.

The only downside would be if they had an explosive collar around Schafer.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Why? EA publish some really good games, and at one point used to make all my favourite games on the really old consoles (megadrive etc). I like to think of this as redemption for all their sins.

Because of their heavy handed abuse (IMO) of thier developers creative talents for one. Yes I realize they are the producers here not the developers but I am still not giving them any of my money.

They are by my reckoning one of the factors attacking PC gaming by there almost monopolostic practice of gobling up developers. For these reasons and a couple others I boycot EA.