PDA

View Full Version : QUERY: UT vs GOTY versions

andwan0
29th Apr 2009, 05:56 AM
I was just reading on the extra features you get in UT: GOTY package. New levels, new weapons, new game modes, original levels redesigned, etc and more.

Just wondering, if one had the original UT (vanilla version 4.00) then can they update to UT: GOTY same version? Or is UT & UT:GOTY two separate games... where UT players cannot join GOTY servers and vice versa?

Gothik
29th Apr 2009, 06:10 AM
UT GOTY version, just packaged up the original UT along with the first 3 of the bonus packs and the latest patch at the time. It also included a number of player mods which could be installed seperately.

Basically if you install UT, patch 436 and the four bonus packs, you have the GOTY version. Both versions work together there are no seperate servers or anything like that. You can also download all the mods that came with the GOTY version if you so desire. (Sorry don't know what they are, I've got the original version of UT as well).

Glider of chaos
29th Apr 2009, 06:58 AM
You can also download all the mods that came with the GOTY version if you so desire. (Sorry don't know what they are, I've got the original version of UT as well).

Those mods are Rocket Arena and Chaos UT ;)

Dark Pulse
29th Apr 2009, 08:06 AM
And updated versions of said mods are available online.

The GOTY version does come with S3TC (High-rez) textures; however, not all of the textures are high-rez. That's what the UTRP project is seeking to do - can't wait to see them succeed. :D

GreatEmerald
29th Apr 2009, 09:06 AM
And those S3TC cause a nasty Skating Bots glitch, so use UTRP textures anyway.

War_Master
29th Apr 2009, 12:02 PM
I had GOTY installed in my PC since before I bought it and I remember it had some Server/Admin options that the other UT versions didnt have. I guess that GOTY does have some extra stuff we can't tell unless we look around on both versions.

I uninstalled GOTY because I had an awful glitch in my game when I got rid of UT2k3 and sadly I only had the GameoftheYear version and is what I have running now. The thing is, my UT:Game of the Year does have the 2nd cd with the extra mods (ChaosUT, RocketArena) and the S3TC textures and from what it seems, the GOTY version is not the only with it...

GreatEmerald
29th Apr 2009, 01:25 PM
Uhh, War Master...
Game Of The Year = GOTY.
:shake:

andwan0
29th Apr 2009, 02:26 PM
Yes, I think the only thing original UT players cannot get is the new browser menu system that is in GOTY. Everything else original UT players can download (bonus packs, hi-res textures, new weapons, models, girls, mods, etc.)

andwan0
29th Apr 2009, 02:26 PM
Uhh, War Master...
Game Of The Year = GOTY.

I like your signature... sore neck though... it gives me... but that list is impressive... tell me more about it?

GreatEmerald
29th Apr 2009, 02:44 PM
That's a generic sig, created by going to http://publicons.de/ . But that's off topic anyway.

How are browsers different then? I've heard about some different old browser, but never saw one (except a very old Unreal menu system where you can navigate only with a keyboard).

War_Master
29th Apr 2009, 05:56 PM
Uhh, War Master...
Game Of The Year = GOTY.

dude, you ruined it!

I'm trying to beat Hermskii in the "Confusion of the Year" title. This is me practicing my kung-fu.

But anyways... there was the last version of UT:Goty that was actually known as the GOTY version and not Game of the Year. Mine only says UnrealTournament with patch 432.

GreatEmerald
30th Apr 2009, 08:56 AM
I believe it only says GOTY in the splash screens.

SkaarjMaster
30th Apr 2009, 12:03 PM
So what does GOTY supposed to stand for? Gonads Of The Yak?;)