Cheating On Gears Of War 2? NO GAMERSCORE FOR YOU!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Cheaters never win, and winners never cheat - unless they're aimbotting or wallhacking, of course. But if you're cheating in Gears of War 2, Microsoft has a nasty little surprise in store.

As you know, we are committed to keeping Xbox LIVE a safe and fair place to play for the more than 17 million active members. As part of our regular safety monitoring we have pinpointed a group of players who have unlocked specific Gears of War 2 Achievements through an unauthorized hack. Deliberate cheats like these are in direct violation of the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and will not be tolerated. As I post this, we've begun taking steps to reset the Gamerscores of the offending players. As I have mentioned in the past, this is something we do occasionally to keep the service free of cheating in order to maintain a fair and level playing field for everyone. If you play fair and earn your achievements without glitching or cheating, you have nothing to worry about.

Your account will also be permanently flagged as well. So don't cheat! Your account and future boyfriends and/or girlfriends will thank you.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Indeed. Typical micorsoft.

"You are cheating/hacking on our game system and breaking your EULA, but we'll just reset your gamerscore which doesnt mean jack **** to anyone."

Nice... that's like the cops pointing their finger at you and yelling "STOP OR I'LL SAY STOP AGAIN!!!"

Cant kick them off though, god forbid, they are PAYING CUSTOMERS! And we at M$ need all the money we can shove up our fat a$$e$!!!!

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Meh, I think it's an appropriate punishment seeing as the hack/exploit only concerns achievements (that's my understanding anyway). If they had been ruining other people's game experience with in-game exploits, then that would've been a different story and they would've deserved to have their accounts banned and their membership revoked.

Also, it obviously does matter to these individuals if they're willing to take a stupid risk like this to boost their score.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Most people on Live grind achievements to stroke their e-Peen anyway, so imho a virtual castration is a fine punishment.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
yeh, they will know who the cheaters are and keep them in check. They are more stat watchers than gamers just to see thier names highest on the list. Maybe they should just knock off bloody stats forever. But there are really good players out there.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
After looking at the title, I thought it included codes. Thank god it doesn't :)
Those cheaters get a good punishment. If it was harder, there would be people shouting that it's inhumane to do so etc.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
"You are cheating/hacking on our game system and breaking your EULA, but we'll just reset your gamerscore which doesnt mean jack **** to anyone."

I beg to differ. People cheat to earn achievements and gamerscore. People will "grind" in games to farm achievements.
I know about people who will buy games only because they are easy to farm achievements in, and the most common whine from people who've had their live account banned is that they lost their gamerscore.

I don't care about them myself, I think achievements as a whole are pointless and often detrimental to online play.

TF2 Placebo Effect, I'm looking at you.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
As you know, we are committed to keeping Xbox LIVE a safe and fair place to play for the more than 17 million active members.
Yeah, say that again please? Safe and fair place? Last I checked nearly every game is built up from listen servers, and we have to pay 60 bucks a year for playing their console online. Where the money goes? :lol:

BTW Dark Pulse, you should read into it, what you said doesn't make sense (Actual system tampering), they're not talking about Aimbots or ****s like that, they're talking about people getting banned for getting their achievements unfairly. There's a glitch to unlock rank 100 in less than 5 seconds, if you already have a level 100.

People have been also desperately trying to get M$ points by getting people's ACCOUNT/PASSWORD, and so these desperate kids could get their rank 100 glitch done by someone else who already has a rank 100 by giving them their password right? :lol:

17 million people, kill the number, a bit. You get what you get M$.

Last edited:

Enfluence

I kinda like UT3.
Jan 25, 2008
I always get messages from teenies bragging about there "Penis size" uhh..ment gamerscore

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
If developers didn't add any cheat-friendly achievements into their games then it'd be fixxed permanently.

For example : in 'Hells' Highway' there's an achievement for playing a certain number of days. Within days of release people had discovered a glitch (by changing their system-date or somethin) that allowed them to pretend they had played enough for the cheat to unlock.

It sucks that people think that gamerscore is 'important' enough to use designflaws to get them, but unless MS removes the system there's no way to stop this. The best they can do is to disallow achievements that reward on-line activity. That should keep the worst cheaters out of the multiplayer-games ...

-=WolverinE=-

Apr 16, 2006
LOL! Seriously, some people need to get a life. Achievements are f*cking pointless and if that's why you're getting a game for, you need to be humiliated in front of everyone you talk to by getting your genitals stomped by an elephant and faced buried in it's sh!t. FFS!

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
LOL! Seriously, some people need to get a life. Achievements are f*cking pointless and if that's why you're getting a game for, you need to be humiliated in front of everyone you talk to by getting your genitals stomped by an elephant and faced buried in it's sh!t. FFS!

You wouldn't believe the number of people who buy/rent games just for achievements. You'd crush their lives by permanently closing down their gamertags.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com

Yeah wow, they're really the worst scum on the earth... awesome response, right there.