Anyone else in the Blood Bowl beta?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
First I hear of this game, but from the style, it reminds me a lot of an old Amiga game I used to play called Brutal Sports Football.
214_dbs1.png

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
Sheeeiiit, I had that on the atari jaguar

you can win by scoring the most goals, or killing the entire other team

dub

Feb 12, 2002
yah! Equally cool was being able to stomp the opposition heads off and use that as the football instead.
I forgot that had a Jaguar release too.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
First I hear of this game, but from the style, it reminds me a lot of an old Amiga game I used to play called Brutal Sports Football.

I used to play that all the time, except I knew it as "Crazy Football". It was definitely one of the best games of that era IMO. Good times.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
This is the game I speak of which is a direct translation of the tabletop game by Games Workshop.
m1280059_60010999001_BloodBowlMain_445x319.jpg

Like how Dawn of War is taken from this game here ;)

It has both a real-time "arcade mode" and the real bread and butter of it is the turn-based "tabletop" mode which if you've ever played the real miniature game, does an excellent job of recreating it on pc!

Last edited:

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
I've been waiting for someone to come up with a proper digital simulation of a Warhammer title; it takes me forever to paint anything and has killed my eyesight. Plus, dice rolling is a tad dull. Dawn of War has always been a very loose interpretation - base building! 3-man Space Marine squads! Grah.
I'll definitely be grabbing Blood Bowl when it comes out.

Last edited:

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Well when ya get it lemme know! It comes out in June. Or I think maybe beta sign-ups are still going on but it takes a while to get a reply invite. Game might be out by the time you would get one :D.

I think the closest anyone ever got to a proper warhammer 40k turn-based pc game was the old dos Chaos Gate.
Final Liberation and Rites of War tried hard, but just failed miserably.