Sarah Connor Chronicles

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bendezium

Mar 29, 2009
Anybody a fan? Last night's finale was just so incredible it really got me pumped to make a terminator inspired level. I'm going to wait to begin till after the new movie comes out though cause I'm currently working on my first level now which I'm sure won't be that great :p

Anyway I'd love to hear some of your thoughts, theories, comments on the show and series. I'm one of the biggest fans out there.

BTW, has anybody seen T2 3D at universal studios? I just found out about it. Is it worth the $50 ticket into the park cause that would be my number one attraction.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
I was all into it for the first few episodes, but then they changed the day on me, so I missed a couple
I did catch most of last night's episode though (it was running in my background while I was doing computery stuff), and it was sweet.

I hope the new movie is better than the last one.
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited:

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
BTW, has anybody seen T2 3D at universal studios? I just found out about it. Is it worth the $50 ticket into the park cause that would be my number one attraction.

Not on its own. It's definitely something to see while you're there - it stars the actual cast from T2, the 3D effects are incredibly well-implemented, and the film is combined with live sequences. But story-wise, well, let's just say it takes a back seat to T3.
But there is so much to do at Universal, if you only enjoy one or two things there then it's time to start wondering where you've misplaced your soul. The Back To The Future ride's one that particularly stood out for me.

Anyway, on topic, I love the Sarah Connor Chronicles. It took some getting used to, because it really is not what you'd expect. Very subtle piece of character drama, which gets you thinking without being excessively obtuse. I recently read a really excellent review of an earlier episode this season, here's a particularly insightful quote:
"TSCC isn’t about being flashy or nebulous. It doesn’t mind showing you everyone’s hands because it isn’t interested in tricking its audience. It simply wants to take you on the journey they’ve designed."

The show does descend the canon into rather a mind-boggling narrative state (as far as future films go, I believe it's being treated as its own seperate universe), but it asks and answers a lot of important questions. My only real complaint is that the pace needs to be quicker, but this applies to almost every 20+ episode per season show. It's a very poor format for serialised drama. At least T:SCC's story does constantly unfold though, slowly but surely.

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
i do admit though i was pleased when Jessie was shot and left the show cos i didn't like her very much...now with season 3 though i would not be surprised if we see her again (but that's ok).
i was pretty shocked at weaver not killing john but how that last episode ended :eek:
s anyways.... i'm looking forward to the season 3

StalwartUK

Feb 12, 2008
England
Been following it since the beginning. When I first caught wind of the show I thought it would suck (seriously) but I watched the pilot and it blew me away. It hasn't been too great lately but i've heard it gets better before the end of the season (we're a few episodes behind here in the UK).

I didn't mind them ignoring Terminator 3 either. I've never been a fan of that film anyway.

Bendezium

Mar 29, 2009
I've always loved this story. My mom wanted me to watch the terminator when I was about 10 years old I've been hooked ever since.

People put T3 down a lot but I loved it. It may not be the best in the series but looking at it as simply an action movie, rather than the third installment of a critically acclaimed action series, I felt it was well worth a trip to the movies and usually end up watching it when I catch it on TV.

I can understand how it may be hard for people to get into this series if they are just casual fans of the movies. There is so much Sci Fi on primetime networks now, especially this season. Also now they are time traveling in Lost :p I'm just a little surprised more people weren't attracted to it after the season finale of season 1. So many non-viewers told me they had heard how awesome the Johnny Cash scene was, I thought they would have tuned in. Friday nights are rough too.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I was all into it for the first few episodes, but then they changed the day on me, so I missed a couple

www.hulu.com Never miss an episode if you don't mind waiting an extra week to see it. Fox.com also has a player.

I've only watched the pilot, admittedly. I really disliked what I saw.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is good but it took a while to build up. Doll house is the same way. Out of respect for Joss Whedon's former work, i continue to give it a try.

anyways.... i'm looking forward to the season 3

From what I hear there may not be a season 3. I think all the buzz of the new movie will rekindle interest for all the films and the series. We shall see what happens. Even Farscape was canceled and that had nothing to do with ratings.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
bump: ok so Terminator got the axe. it's not listed in Fox's Fall lineup.

this sucks. Sarah Connor Chronicles was one of the more original series to come along on network TV in quite some time. sure it was essentially for a niche audience but at least it wasn't a f*cking cop/law/hospital drama spinoff or a reality show.
I hate that crap.

oh well. back to your cheesy cliches, one-liners, and sunglass props. so goes the entertainment industry.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
hey, Rickles, don't make me kick your ass.

caruso.jpg

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
bump: ok so Terminator got the axe. it's not listed in Fox's Fall lineup.

this sucks. Sarah Connor Chronicles was one of the more original series to come along on network TV in quite some time. sure it was essentially for a niche audience but at least it wasn't a f*cking cop/law/hospital drama spinoff or a reality show.
I hate that crap.

oh well. back to your cheesy cliches, one-liners, and sunglass props. so goes the entertainment industry.

nooooooooo :(

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Yet another terrible decision by Fox. Regardless of the show's ratings, Terminator is a huge franchise and having it represented on the network did a major favour for their image. Plus, they should really have delayed their decision until the new film's box office figures are known.
Or at least tried putting the show in a decent timeslot to see if it could draw ratings.