Dr. Who

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
BBC broadcast the Christmas special on December 25, new one will be on Easter. The final three specials are rumored to be on Halloween, Christmas, and New Year's 2009. Then the new series kicks off with Matt Smith as the new Doctor in Spring 2010.

R34P3R

BUF Lurker
Oct 31, 2008
Aw, I was hoping that there'd be another season this year. Damn. Saw christmas ep, was epic.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
Yeah, Russel T. Davies (the show-runner, who sucks as far as i am concerned) decided to do five specials rather than a series 5 to accommodate David Tennant's schedule.

Next year though, Stephan Moffat takes over as show-runner. This is the guy that wrote Blink, Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead, Girl in the Fireplace, and The Empty Child and Doctor Dances.

Series 6 is going to rock.

R34P3R

BUF Lurker
Oct 31, 2008
Easter is this sunday.

Can't wait for season 6. That guy is a great writer.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
There's going to be a series 3 ?
Killing of two characters in one episode seemed pretty final ...
Trailer is looking good. :)
I just hope I don't miss a single episode this time.

/me wonders what the next doctor is like as the current one is funny.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Watch the Christmas episode, you'll see the new doctor.

I guess I must have missed the christmas episode, cause I don't remember him regenerating. In fact AFAIK he's been able to hold it of because of the hand he's kept in the tardis since his previous regeneration.

// -- edit --

Dr. Who Easter-special : tonight after 'Finding Nemo' on BBC 1 !

Last edited:

R34P3R

BUF Lurker
Oct 31, 2008
No, in the christmas ep the Cybermen thought he was the Dr. because there was a Dr. who looked the same.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
It was due to the Cyberman having an imprint of the doctor. His memories where corrupted and accidentally sent back to the man holding the imprint device when he fired the "beam" at the cyberman. He thought he was the doctor and so did the cyberman.

I thought it was explained fairly well in the flash back scene.

R34P3R

BUF Lurker
Oct 31, 2008
Oh, what I got from it was that the doctor looked the same as him, and the cybermen were chasing the doctor and found this guy.