Mortal Kombat Team To Split From Midway?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
We've known that Midway is in bankruptcy and has reportedly been looking for buyers for some of its franchises, among them its nearly 20 year-old Mortal Kombat series. The developers, however, didn't take this news sitting down - the latest bit of potential dog crap is that they're in active talks with other publishers - in addition to likely having to abandon their baby, a tough thing for any developer to choose.

According to the report, the Mortal Kombat team -- which is made of about 50 developers -- is angered over the lack of bonus payments guaranteed to them for Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe reaching previously-agreed-to sales targets. These unnamed sources also say there's general frustration over how Midway has handled their bankruptcy filing.

The MK team is not under contract at Midway, although there is one catch: if they do leave, they probably can't take the MK license with them, and would have to abandon work on the follow-up to MK vs. DC Universe -- a prospect that, evidently, one source said would be "tough."

Axon.Gorge

Is it cold in here, or is it just me?
Feb 8, 2009
If anything Mortal Kombat VS DC proved we don't need another MK

Do we really need another street fighter, king of the fighters, tekken, etc etc? One things forsure I never played fighting games for the story and if I did the one I would play is MK!

Its never cool to be old right? :lol:

Last edited: