UE3 - UT3 Lowering weapon switch times?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fru0

Mar 28, 2009
Hello,

I've been looking into this for the fast few days but can't seem to find an answer.

I'm trying to alter some weapon switch speeds through a weapon subclass.

I'm assuming weapon switch speed is related to it's animation or fire rate? I'm not sure how to speed up animation, and I don't want to alter the fire rate.

Take Impact Hammer as an example. I'm looking to find a way to lower the time it takes to switch to another weapon once I manually fire a fully charged hammer. I'm not sure where to look exactly.

fru0

Mar 28, 2009
Thanks, I tried some of its code but didn't seem to have an effect on the hammer PutDown time once a charged hammer was released and then switching to another weapon and holding fire. There is something like a 2 seconds gap till a sniper shot is fired for example.

I tried the mutator on its own too with the same outcome.

That mutator has helped me for other things though so thanks for that.

fru0

Mar 28, 2009
Ah thanks, "1's FireInterval" was the bit I was missing, I should of thought of that one :p