UT3 Patch 2.1 Beta 3 Changelist

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Steve Polge has published a changelist for the privately tested UT3 Patch 2.1 Beta 3. Changes from version 2 include:

• Fixed problem with vote menu, where list positions and scrollbar get reset after the menu updates
  • Adjusted mutator voting to properly account for mutators in the game profile settings (both added and excluded mutators)
  • Fix for reported rare WAR-Floodgate crash.
  • Fixed issue with 'no password' connection error not asking for a password, when in online play
  • Now consider server "pure" with same rules as achievements (custom maps, characters, and Epic mutators + webadmin allowed).
  • Fixed non-seamless travel client timeout disconnects.
  • Fixed issue with dialog boxes, where button positions are not updated correctly after resolution or message length changes
  • Fixed dropflag command not working. Also fixes a CTF exploit.
  • Fixed WAR-Confrontation exploit more fully.
  • Made the Instant Action and Host Game menus properly recover the saved mutator list, when the Mutator menu is not opened.
  • Fixed an incorrect call to WorldInfo.TravelFailed, and fixed the 'Incorrect Password' dialog not asking for a password.
  • Fixed listen server game mode not updating in browser.
  • Fixed excessive link beam decals for listen servers.
  • Fixed warfare orb not showing up on minimap on second and subsequent rounds on map where teams switch sides.
  • Reduced damage to nodes/cores from dead Titan explosion.
  • Reduced damage Titans do to nodes/core with weapons.
  • Titan melee doesn't knock down spawn protected players.

LANCE.xd

Flak Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
The Countdown Node
Sorry if I'm missing something stupidly obvious, but did they release the change list to v2.1 Beta 2? I seem to have missed it.

Other than that, Betas 1 and 3 look great! :lol:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Good list, and glad to know I'm not the only one who is wondering where the Beta 2 list is...

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
The only change in patch 2.1 beta 2 was fixed compatibility with patch 2.0. We didn't think that was newsworthy.

cosmix

XoXo
May 20, 2006
Germany
# Reduced damage to nodes/cores from dead Titan explosion.
# Reduced damage Titans do to nodes/core with weapons.
# Titan melee doesn't knock down spawn protected players

:tup: :tup: :tup:

MaestroMaus

Jul 22, 2008
Is this a patch to the patch?

I'm soooo confused.

Nope, they are making a new patch to upgrade UT3 from version 2.0 to 2.1.

To ensure there aren't any regressions, they release it for testing to a select group of people.

In this case, this is the third test patch.

The changelist you see above shows the things that where changed since version 2 of the testpatch.

I hope this is clear enough for you.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
It's coming together nicely, looking forward to final release.
They should release Linux version too since there's still too many pre 2.0 servers around.

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008
# Made the Instant Action and Host Game menus properly recover the saved mutator list, when the Mutator menu is not opened.

Ah...Kinda liked it liked it the way it was. In UT2004 on occasion when I just wanted to play a quick game I found myself quiting back to the main menu, because of some odd mutator I tested out the day before to take it off.

With UT3 2.0 it was perfect. If I wanted to play with the previous configuration of mutators I just click the mutators tab then start game.
How it was previously (if by accident) is a much better solution.

Here's a scenario showing why it's better the way it is now.

You wanna play a game with Insta Gib, Low Gravity and Speed Freak so you add all those to the mutator list and play a few games then quit.

Later on you find a new map n the internet and wanna try it out with it's default weapon layout.
You start up the game, choose map then just play(ok that's proided you knew of this "feature")
You then decide to try and play the game with your configuration so you go back to the main menu and just click mutators. All your mutators gets added automatically and you ready to go.

With the new changes, your gonna have to remove all the mutators before play and reAdd them again after.

*PRC*Kensei

Mar 11, 2006
FIXS THE CLICKBUG.

For... over a year this has been the most obvious bug in (i)CTF matches. When players have to 'press fire to start' , in half the cases there is atleast one player (out of 10) who cannot turn his game ready (or move the camera) & has to reconnect.

I saw this bug happening OVER A HUNDRED TIMES in wars and practice wars. With every patch it remained, and we had to reconnect or restart the map in order to play.

How can they not have seen this MAJOR bug that is known to the whole clan community since the launch of the game :-/

Fixs the click bug >.< it bothers me almost every day.

Last edited by a moderator:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
For... over a year this has been the most obvious bug in (i)CTF matches. When players have to 'press fire to start' , in half the cases there is atleast one player (out of 10) who cannot turn his game ready (or move the camera) & has to reconnect.

Hey, that sounds a lot like Zero Spawn in XMP games.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I hope they will fix the issues I mentioned before and make some things optionable...probably not unless I report to them directly I guess.

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
I thought that the dropflag thing was meant to be keybinded so when you move forward and press it, it would work (I am guessing) but it is annoying that it doesn't work when you type it because you have to be standing still. I presume their fix is to simply make it throw the flag further away so it doesn't collide with you immediately.

Anyway this change list is confusing. Weren't there a bunch more fixes, like server browser seperating bots from players? I'd like to see the complete list so we get a true sense of what has been fixed.. but I guess we'll see that in the final release.

I'm really glad the player spawn thing is fixed for Titans.. It is ridiculous to play Face, and get into those "hey what the, I'm spawning but already airborne" death cycles.. there is absolutely no way of escape unless you manage to spawn behind a corner and even then getting away is sometimes impossible. That map needs alternative spawn locations.

Last edited: