Unreal Server Console from the command line?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Is it possible to run Unreal Server without going into the game first? I know you can use a command line where you tell UCC to launch the server, but in that case it won't give you the Unreal Server Console nor minimise the window to system tray, and instead will output everything to the command prompt...

Sportaçus

Protecting the citizens of Lazytown.
Feb 17, 2009
I wouldn't think so, cause how would you set the mutators, rules, and what not? And as far as I know there's nothing to put in the command prompt but to open and do it yourself. =\

If I understand right.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Aha, found it! For the Dedicated Server, copy U2XMP.exe from any normal installation, then create a shortcut to it. There in the Target field add MapName?mutator=Mutators.ThatYouWant -server and it works! :D

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Geeks use shortcuts and edit the INI files :D Actually, there's no screen in the Dedicated Server package and therefore I can't use it :D And from my main installation it just refuses to let anyone connect... Including myself...