Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 Turns Three!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Saturday marked the third anniversary of the launch of Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45. Many of you will remember that Red Orchestra first came to life as a total conversion of UT2004 - you can check out our screenshots and review for more info of the mod. They went on to win the Make Something Unreal Contest and (among other things) an Unreal Engine license, with which they build Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 from the ground up.

Check out their birthday press release for more info, including a tease of their next game:

Roswell, GA, March 14th 2009 - here at the Tripwire offices (yes, on a Saturday) we are really happy with the third birthday of Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45. We won Nvidia's "$1,000,000 Make Something Unreal" contest over 4 years ago, created the retail game and released it March 14th 2006 over Steam, followed by stores around the world. Since then, we have released weapon packs, map packs and a load of other material through Steam, all for free, with the latest just two days ago.

And here we are, 3 years on, with a celebratory sale running on Steam. Today, on our anniversary, we are still selling strongly. We are still one of the most-played games online (Gamespy stats), as well as one of the most-played third-party games on Steam.

So, we'd like to say thanks to our key business partners - Valve, of course, for Steam, and Epic for the Unreal Engine, but also distributors like 1C, Cenega and Wendros. But above all of them - our thanks to all the fans who have played the game. From those who first played Beta 1.0 of the original mod 6 years ago, to those just jumping in for the first time on the sale on Steam this weekend - you all have our thanks. Without those players and their comments and critiques, the game would not be where it is today - so THANK YOU ALL!

And for the faithful who have been waiting so long to find out what we have been up to, what we are creating next, well - the end of that wait may finally be in sight!

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Actually, didn't RO start on UT2003? i recall there was one release on 2K3 before 2K4 was announced, and i remember wondering if they would port to that, and how that would work with their MSUC entry.

Last edited:

Quaglax

May the funk be with you...
Apr 25, 2006
ATL
Woot for Roswell GA!!! These guys's office is about a mile down the road from my house.

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
*insert the obligatory:

THREE YEARS! bout time you guys finished up the next installment!!

j/k: I love tripware, take your time.

But seriously, how about a morsel?