PDA

View Full Version : UE3 - UT3 Crashing when I try to "Play from Here"

xRaen
10th Mar 2009, 11:15 AM
After the Titan pack and the patch associated with that, I've had some major problems with the Editor. And by "problems" I mean problem, but it's a big enough pain in the ass that I'm counting it as multiple.

Basically, when I right click somewhere and try to "Play from Here", the Editor crashes (specifically, a message comes up saying it isn't responding). I'm not 100% sure if this also happens if I put a player start in the map and then try to play using the player start, but I'm guessing it does. I'll test when I get home this afternoon.

So does anybody have any idea what is causing this? I have all my drivers updated, and I've tried every fix I can think of, barring reinstalling (which I'd like to avoid, if possible).

Jetfire
10th Mar 2009, 11:36 AM
Assuming you've tried deleting the editor's .ini's and your map has a proper gametype prefix, try going into the autosaves folder and deleting the uedpie saves.

_N_
10th Mar 2009, 01:29 PM
Something else to try is hitting the save button right before you try to play it (even if you just saved or even if it's a stock map where you "bumped" something (don't worry, the editor won't overwrite stock maps, it'll just save a separate copy somewhere).

So yeah, always hit 'save' before trying to playtest (even if you just started up and haven't even made changes!)

xRaen
10th Mar 2009, 05:19 PM
Interestingly enough, the saving thing worked! It turns out that, after I patched the game, I needed to open up my maps and re-save them in the patched editor. Who would have thought it would be that simple. Thanks for the help!

Bazzwano
11th Mar 2009, 06:06 AM
you will also need to update the cooker if you have not already, epic forgot to include this in the patch.. I have a thread here that includes the fix.
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=184133
Also be sure you do a full build before you go into game mode. Sometimes when you open the file then go to game mode before a build it crashes.