Bots Problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Pixus

Mar 9, 2009
I don't know if this is the right place to put this.

I'm having a problem with the game, all the bots in both campaign and instant action mode are using the same model/skin (heavily armored male Ronin I think). Jester looks and sounds like a man. :(

I just did a fresh installation of the game on Steam, and I deleted all personal configs in documents\my games\unreal tournament 3 too, but the problem remains.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Any possible solutions?

I can still play the game, but its no so fun when all Liandri look and sound like humans.

Edit: It appears that the same default model is being used for all online players too. :(

Last edited:

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
Not sure, and maybe you've tried this already, but bring down the console with TAB key and type this in:

unlockallchars

May do no good, but you never know.

What you're experiencing is a bug I've never heard of, but I can understand your displeasure with it. It's not what the game is supposed to be putting on the screen in front of you.

Last edited:

Pixus

Mar 9, 2009
Not sure, and maybe you've tried this already, but bring down the console with TAB key and type this in:

unlockallchars

May do no good, but you never know.

What you're experiencing is a bug I've never heard of, but I can understand your displeasure with it. It's not what the game is supposed to be putting on the screen in front of you.

Hi there, thanks for the reply. Unfortunatley that did nothing. :(

Any other suggestions are very much appreciated.

By the way, all bots look like this:

LANCE.xd

Flak Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
The Countdown Node
Oh dear. It seems you've run into the infamous DemoGuy bug. :( However, there is hope for you yet! If you've installed the 2.0 patch, there should be a check box in your Settings menu under the Player tab that says something like "Always Load Custom Characters." If you check that box it should solve your problem over 87% of the time. :)

Pixus

Mar 9, 2009
Oh dear. It seems you've run into the infamous DemoGuy bug. :( However, there is hope for you yet! If you've installed the 2.0 patch, there should be a check box in your Settings menu under the Player tab that says something like "Always Load Custom Characters." If you check that box it should solve your problem over 87% of the time. :)

That fixed it, thanks. :)

Very strange bug though, hope they fix it soon.

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
Demoguy is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of UT3. He is the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite Epic's sincerest efforts they have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you inexorably ...here.

LANCE.xd

Flak Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
The Countdown Node
Yeah, the reason I don't say it works 100% of the time is mainly because of online reasons. Not sure if it applies to the OP, but sometimes online if:

• You join during a map change,
  • you change teams (not so much after 2.0),
  • or the server is over the custom character limit (which is defaulted at 12)
you'll see some DemoGuys. Or the usual case, they are replaced with an existing character in the current match of the same faction and gender. That's why you'll hear Othellos with Bishop's voice or something like that.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yeah, the reason I don't say it works 100% of the time is mainly because of online reasons. Not sure if it applies to the OP, but sometimes online if:

• You join during a map change,
  • you change teams (not so much after 2.0),
  • or the server is over the custom character limit (which is defaulted at 12)
you'll see some DemoGuys. Or the usual case, they are replaced with an existing character in the current match of the same faction and gender. That's why you'll hear Othellos with Bishop's voice or something like that.
2 doesn't happen anymore except to your own model on your own machine (everyone else sees you correctly).

3 never happened and still doesn't happen. The MaxCustomChars variable is a client side settings.