Is there an instagib community?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Without flaming or starting arguments, I simply want to know if there exists an instagib community, and if so, how many active players and servers are there on a typical day?

Instagib used to be my life with the original UT, I met some of the greatest internet friends of my life playing it. It went downhill with UT2k4, but still decently fun none-the-less. I have no idea what it's like in UT3 because UT3 never really hooked me to begin with. I bought it, tried maybe 3 maps with bots, then never touched it again. :(

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
No idea, I tried an a few insta games when UT3 was first released and it felt horrible, even with a low ping, so I haven't tried it since.

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
Without flaming or starting arguments, I simply want to know if there exists an instagib community, and if so, how many active players and servers are there on a typical day?

Instagib used to be my life with the original UT, I met some of the greatest internet friends of my life playing it. It went downhill with UT2k4, but still decently fun none-the-less. I have no idea what it's like in UT3 because UT3 never really hooked me to begin with. I bought it, tried maybe 3 maps with bots, then never touched it again. :(

Hi,
I'm an instagib player (and for player I mean that I do clanmatches and stuff).
Speaking of Europe, yes there is an instagib community :)
It's just not so large, as like every other gametype UT3 has a lot less players than UT2004. But you can always find at least a full server to play in pub.
I play mostly iCTF, we always have a populated pub server of 10 slots, and it plays only custom maps (e.g. blokeh, w00tabulous, impasse).

As for the clanmatches, we have something going on at clanbase, check the ladders out and you'll see some activity for the 2on2.
We're starting even a new cup 2on2 ictf :tup:

I played UT2004 istagib for years, but now I find UT3 a lot more fun.
It's less floating around, it's more direct and "in your face". Players can duke it out a lot more quickly, so the game is actually more fast-paced and gives feeling of smashing things :D . On the other hand, there's a bit less reward for skills like in UT2004. Still, you can wall-dodge a lot and it's really useful.

Ah, there's no low-grav. So if you like playing in that huge boxes doing 20 metres jumps, or floating around on Bridgeoffate, UT3 is not for you.
On the other hand, we enjoy duku, sprinta, ultra, turbo, etc.

Hope to see you online :)

Dogger

Oct 4, 2004
Ahh 2k4, where aim made you god, nows its only four-leaved clovers and horse shoes.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Ahh 2k4, where aim made you god, nows its only four-leaved clovers and horse shoes.

And actual thinking, planning and strategy rather than aim and nothing else.

Yes, I pine for the good old days as well.