Hitching in Unreal Tournament

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Hitching?

Hitching? Is it a split second hesitation of your video renderer? Is that what hitching is? What OS do you play on and what sound card do you have? Sounds like you already did the dual core patch. It is a dual core or more system right? You limited your FPS to less than 200. Hmmmm? Yeah, what OS do you play under and what is the sound card please?

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
The graphics used during teleportation are among the heaviest graphics-wise in UT. For some odd reason, it sounds like it's affecting your display even though your PC is more than powerful enough to handle the game even in heavy firefights.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Vsync can be bad. I can't remember the explanation but capping frames at a certain value means that you can instantly drop to half that value if there's a drop in frame rendering.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Yes, VSync would cause the video adapter to wait until the next screen refresh if the video card hasn't completed rendering in time, effectively halving your framerate for one frame. Try enabling triple buffering, or as a last resort (if you can put up with tearing) disable VSync but keep the FrameRateLimit.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
This s*cks balls!:( Maybe it's an XP Pro 64-bit issue. Did you try everything from the "framerate speed up" sticky thread? I'll let you know how I do in a couple weeks. I'll be using OpenGL though.

Anyway, I always disable v-sync but still have a CRT monitor and I'll be using XP Home 32-bit, so maybe I won't have this problem. Sounds like I may have to cap the frame rates though (or just run my present computer when I play UT). I'll give this new unopened UT GOTY edition a go on the new build and see what happens (my bro got me the all-in-one pack thing whatever you call it for Christmas!)

Last edited: