Adopt-a-BuFer Program

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
We have started this before in the past, but I think it's becoming particularly important now with content so big and such for UT3.

The Adopt-a-BuFer program is a program in which BuFers who have low bandwidth connections or download limitations can request assistance. Another BuFer with a fast connection and no download limits will download a crapload of content and burn it to a CD or DVD, at the adoptee's preference, and mail it to them.

this has worked out well in the past, getting lots of custom content to people who would otherwise not have access to it, and, if done well, can work again. It is important to note your country when asking for help.

So get asking and see who can help you!

P.S. Don't post your address in this thread, that should be done via PM after an adoption has been made. Also, I will be deleting any stupid pointless posts and tags.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Awwww, I thought I could adopt a little Poop_Bruzz or a mini-haarg.

How disappointing. :(

Now this is the idea of the year. Does a mini-haarg run the flag as well as the real one does?

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I'm willing to help out. Will also help seed content packs on BitTorrent if that's an option as well.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
I have a fast connection, but I'll put myself up for adoption anyway. I'm housebroken for the most part.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I can't speak for others, but I won't really let speed of one's connection limit who I help out. I wouldn't mind helping people who just don't want to wait for downloading time (even though if they download it themself they'll probably have it faster).

Axon.Gorge

Is it cold in here, or is it just me?
Feb 8, 2009
Bit of a side topic but how about an australian file mirror, there is a few around. Perhaps filefront or one of the others does have something more locally. I find alot of places are only stocking the bare minimum when it comes to UT3 and servers.

The connection Im on is unlimited but slow speed, before hand I had a fast one with a limit which wasnt of a great deal of help getting these files. Some places (like bigpond or internode) should offer non quota downloads, all thats going wrong is their file lists are very incomplete. Torrents and local mirrors defiantly help, dare I say seed? :p

I'm down with this idea too. I've got broadband, dvd burning, and lots of time on my hands what with only working part time, part of the year. I'd be more than capable, and happy to send out a few to different BuFers who will want (need, whatever,..) the titan Pack and the patch etc,.. for UT3.