PDA

View Full Version : Help please!

Busker
16th Feb 2009, 04:15 AM
I recently got UT3 for PC (I'm running Vista, btw). It doesn't let me select a setup language, but just starts in German, which is useless.

Can anyone help, please...?

Dark Pulse
16th Feb 2009, 04:35 AM
I recently got UT3 for PC (I'm running Vista, btw). It doesn't let me select a setup language, but just starts in German, which is useless.

Can anyone help, please...?If the game is running in German, it likely detected a german-language version of Windows. But you can change that easily enough.

Surf to:
My Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Config/UTEngine.ini

Under [Engine.Engine] there should be a line that, in your case, will likely read Language=DEU. Change it to Language=INT and you should be good to go.

Busker
16th Feb 2009, 07:19 AM
Thanks, but unfortunately that didn't work. The game loaded, then where all the words should have been, there was just blank screen.

ne_skaju
16th Feb 2009, 08:18 AM
Install INT patch also.

Dark Pulse
16th Feb 2009, 01:18 PM
If it didn't come with the English Language files, then yeah, likely you bought a German-only copy of UT3. I'm pretty sure the latest patch (1.3) will have the English-language text.

Beelzebud (Satanas)
16th Feb 2009, 03:55 PM
Did you buy the game on Steam? I had HL2 in french one time on accident from Steam.

If not, try buying the game instead of using the german warez version that was leaked to the net about a week before the game was on shelves in the U.S....