Please help with interesting crash problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BCrud

Feb 9, 2009
Firstly, my systems specs:
4 Gig RAM
1TB of hard-drive space
Graphics Card: GeForce 9800 GTX+ (512MB DDR3, PCI-E 2.0, EVGA) with latest drivers (181.22)
Latest UT3 version with latest Patch (patch 3.somthing)
My PC is brand new

My problem:
My UT3 crashes, but only in specific areas of specific maps. One such example is Deck. in this map the crash occurs as I approach the lower level teleporter which leads to the Redeemer (or at least Im guesing this is where it leads as this is the case in previous UTs that have this map). When the crash occurs I get an error message saying that the UT3 platform has stopped working and it will close the program and notify me of any solutions (which it never does).

Things I have tried:
Upon reading forums I have tried some things. I have tried switching the OpenAL thing on and off and downloading the drivers for this function. As previously stated I tried downloading the latest patch. I have also tried removing my Graphics Card drivers and running a Driver Cleaner.
All these things have had no impact.

Possible related issues:
As I have also previously stated, my PC is brand new. However, I get the same error message when I try to log in to Windows Live messenger. I get the message and it dosent allow me to log in with any account (friend has also tried). In this case, a possible solution solution is found by Vista. This then directs me to install the latest drivers for my graphics card which I have done (again, previously stated). The problem remains.
It also randomly happens with Internet Explorer, though this hasent actually happened for a while.
I am also running another game that has higher specs and it is running without a hitch.

Please help me. I would be most greafull for your time and effort.

BCrud

Feb 9, 2009
Thank you Hunter. It is good to know my problem is not unique. I have found many instances of other crash problems, but havent read any of this perticular one.
I will try your solution soon and report back on wether or not it works out.
Thanks for your time.

BCrud

Feb 9, 2009
Hey Hunter. Just wanted to let you know I have now done what you suggested and it has worked. I would just like to say thank you again for your help. Very much appreciated!

Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
I had a similar problem after changing video cards, and couldn't roll back to an older version of the driver because the older versions don't support the video card.

Installing a beta version of the next NVIDIA driver, 182.05, fixed it for me (32-bit Vista and GTX285).