Mouse Freezes A lot

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
Hey guys,

I've been having a really annoying problem for the past 2 months. While I'm using my Comp my mouse will start to freeze up randomly and lag a lot.

This happens a lot more while I play games also. Most of the time it freezes for like 5 seconds but there are a lot of times where the mouse completely freezes and I'll have to re plug the mouse in and out of the USB port so my Computer re boots the mouse.

I tried re installing the mouse driver and still nothing. I'm thinking its the mouse or I dont have enough RAM... But I dont see how my RAM is the issue because this never happened for the past 4 years while I've been using 512 MBs of RAM.

So any help is appreciated. I'm thinking about buying a new mouse but I don't want it to get screwed up if my comp will keep freezing the it.

Last edited:

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
First you have to find the correct drivers for your chipset. (you will most likely find these on the website of your mainboard manufacturer.)
Then Uninstall the USB Controller in the Device manager, reboot your computer and install the new drivers.