Universal Unreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
www.planetmonsterhunt.com
http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28964

Matthew said:
Universal Unreal is a very large project for Unreal Tournament (UT99) that I've been working on since the beginning of September. I will start by emphasizing that this mod is not yet complete or public, but will be hopefully within a month or less.

This mod will allow players to interact with each other (and even chat) with each other between connected servers or a web-based installation in real-time. This mod, however, is much more than simply a UT chat server. This mod also allows players to maintain a 'buddy' list and receive instant alerts when a buddy joins a participating server, which is great for unplanned matches with friends. Additionally, users can enable a HUD overlay which displays the top 8 most active servers in the universe, including player counts and the map that is being played... with all data in nearly real-time. There are at least 10 other big features for players that I will not cover yet, but they are very useful as well.

Universal Unreal is powered by a PHP and MySQL website backend which is accessed frequently by participating servers. There is not one central installation - think of Universal Unreal like UTStats; each community of servers needs only one installations. For example, the UT StrangeLove community will run just one universe server, which will cater to about 12 servers and a couple thousand players. The mod is a Nexgen plugin, and as such requires an active installation of Nexgen. Can Universal Unreal be released in a version that does not require Nexgen? No, sorry, the functions of Universal Unreal depend on many aspects of Nexgen to be able to operate.

For admins, Universal Unreal acts as a massive player information system. All player joins, ASC/Nexgen IDs, IP addresses, hostnames, player nicks, administrative actions (kick, ban, mute, etc) and server history are logged to the universe server and recorded for 6 months. I will also attempt to intercept UTDC, EUT, and Pure actions too. All of this data can be accessed from in-game and on the website as well, meaning that you can make decisions from in-game instead of having to close UT, fish through logs, and find the information you need before performing a ban or other action.

Screenshots will be posted to this thread in a few days. A public release could be as far as a month away; but I have announced this now so that you may ask questions about the system and consider installing Nexgen so that you can be ready for when the mod is finally released.

Doesn't sound appealing? The overview above is a very very small snapshot into the features of Universal Unreal. Once a final release is near, more details will be published.

Nexgen Download / Nexgen Information Thread: http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26835

This should be pretty dang cool.

GF-REX

Jan 31, 2008
Kansas, USA
www.unrealrex.com
Yeah, it is very cool. I've been helping run a few servers for the private beta test and it has been one unique experience. It's like having Xfire ingame except its built into the servers. I cannot wait for the public release, this is going to be huge!

iSenSe

on it!
Jan 20, 2008
DM-1on1SmallMountain [NL]
This mod also allows players to maintain a 'buddy' list and receive instant alerts when a buddy joins a participating server, which is great for unplanned matches with friends. Additionally, users can enable a HUD overlay which displays the top 8 most active servers in the universe

That sounds awesome :D
curious when the release is coming.
If you play UT allot with mates, this is damn handy idd!

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
<= Hopping with joy.

When is it being official released :p ?

Matthew

Feb 17, 2005
New version has been released for servers running Nexgen 1.10 with many new features.

I know many people had issues with a "Timeout" or just being dropped from servers running Nexgen previously, but these issues have now been fixed in the newest version.

This new Universal Unreal has lots of new features for administrators, including full web-based searching of administrative actions like kick, ban, etc; in addition to all the buddy features already present.

Demo Installation:
http://www.ut-slv.com/universalunreal/

Screen Shots & Features:
http://www.ut-slv.com/universalunreal/index.php?p=help

Download Link & More Info:
http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29185