UT behind a router

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cowlike

Feb 21, 2008
Hi everyone, I got a new modem/router recently and now I get timeouts in UT99. I didn't have a router before so I'd like to know if there's something I should do, like NAT forwarding (which ports?), or use DMZ.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
http://www.dragonbe.be/index.php?module=unreal_tournament said:
Dfault port config

• 7777 UDP/IP: Game port
  • 7778 UDP/IP: Query port
  • 7779 UDP/IP: Query port
  • 7780 UDP/IP: GameSpy query port
  • 7781 UDP/IP: GameSpy query port
  • 27900 TCP/IP: UT Master Server Browser
  • 80 TCP/IP: WebAdmin Graphical User Interface
These are the ports that are normally set up for a server.

Depending on your router configuration, it is possible that the stock router configuration might "just" work as it is common for default configurations to allow outgoing packets on any port. Just try the game and see.

If it doesn't work then you can try opening some of the ports in the list above. Note that typically 7777 is the base port and usually 10 or so ports above will be required. If the server is running on a non-standard port then some other port range will have to be opened.