UE3 - UT3 Looking for UT3 Coder

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ChaosMaiden

Jan 11, 2009
I'm looking for a Ut3 Unrealscript Guru to join a mod team.

We are going to be making a new gametype for unreal which will require a lot of coding.

Its a pretty basic idea. I know this is not the first time this has been done.

Its an arena mod.
Players join the server and start in a lobby/observation area. They chose a "class" from a list of different types and join a match. Players get randomly placed into teams and put into starting areas. A gate releases and the players work together to beat the opposing team. Team with the last person standing wins. Winning teams earn points/money used to obtain items/upgrades to help them in the matches. As far as coding goes we will definitely need a menu system as well as a currency system. Depending on the finalized classes we will need coding that allows all the different skills/weapons work and do what they are supposed to. The idea is still in its early stages, pre-prod has been started. We know we are going to need a godly coder for this since most of us have no coding experience at all. Exceptions can be made as far as the gametype goes but we need to talk to some coders to figure out exactly what is entailed in achieving what we need.

Thank you for the advice Angel.

Last edited:

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
I don't even know why I'm doing this, I'm obviously stupid for trying over and over again when people just keep ignoring advice.

Post about your mod, in full detail. As a programmer I can tell you that I'm not interested in emailing a mod team to find out more, because I'm lazy. You're not going to get any interest if nobody knows what your mod is about, and nobody is interested in stealing your Next Big Thing™ as they're too busy working on their own stuff.

|*BILLY$CLINT*|

I make things happen!
Jan 25, 2008
The Moon
I don't even know why I'm doing this, I'm obviously stupid for trying over and over again when people just keep ignoring advice.

Post about your mod, in full detail. As a programmer I can tell you that I'm not interested in emailing a mod team to find out more, because I'm lazy. You're not going to get any interest if nobody knows what your mod is about, and nobody is interested in stealing your Next Big Thing™ as they're too busy working on their own stuff.

LOL I am to lazy too...HAHAHAHAHAH