PDA

View Full Version : UE2 - UT2kX adrenaline pick up, and message

simplegames
2nd Jan 2009, 04:22 PM
Hi.Two questions.
Q1. I'm trying to create a custom designed pick-up. What i did was use the adrenaline pick up and then change the static mesh into a different one . The problem is that I want to display a message other than 'ADRINALINE" . I went into the properties menu of the adrenaline and under pickup-pickup message. I removed 'Adrinaline' and typed something else. However, after re-building and playing, the only msg that is still displayed is 'adrenaline'. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Q2 Also , for some reason I don't have a MessageTrigger under triggers. I alternatively tried using the Action_DisplayMessage , but this is a small message that i cannot time so i can't type a long message . Any tips?

Thank you

xMurphyx
4th Jan 2009, 02:00 AM
I can't help you with the messages but if you just changed the staticmesh of the adrenalin by placing one in your map and change it in its properties then it's only going to work for the host. Clients will still see regular adrenalin pickups. You can do it like that for weaponbases etc. but for Adrenalin you need to create a subclass of the pickup and change the StaticMesh in its default properties.
Just saying.:)