Saved Game Problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
Hello,

While playing the game "Legacy" in Unreal Tournament, the saved game points stopped working properly. That is, when I selected a game saved maybe five minutes before, a saved game point would launch different from the one I had saved just five minutes previously.

Instead, Unreal Tournament would launch a game point I had saved while playing Legacy previously, perhaps several months back. To correct this situation, I deleted all the data in the Save folder of Unreal Tournament. This approach worked. The save game points would now launch correctly when I selected them.

However, now the Save folder in Unreal Tournament contains no data. It's empty, even after saving numerous times. Where are my "save" points being stored? Have I caused a greater problem by deleting all the data in the Save folder?

Remember, the saved game points are working, at least so far while playing the game called Legacy, but I'm not sure how long that fact will last. I'm also not sure what will happen when saving while playing Unreal Tournament or while playing some other Unreal Tournament type game, such as 7 Bullets, etc.

Freddie

War_Master

May 27, 2005
What a coincidence, I had this same problem with the mod "Spatial Fear". I thought the mod was bugged or badly coded because my saves would start me at the beginning of the previous level instead of where I saved. I got tired of that glitch and uninstalled the mod and never figured it out.

I played most of the Oldskool mappacks including the Legacy mappack and my saves never glitch with them. I have not tried to save after I had the glitch with SPatial Fear so I don't know if my games will save correctly still.

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
War_Master,

Thanks for the comments. It looks as if my experience is not unique. Misery loves company. I have no idea why this problem with saved game points exists. I was hoping that someone with knowledge about how all this works would post some information about that.

Who has some insights? Please let us know what we should be doing in this regard.

Thanks,

Freddie