UE3 - UT3 Crash while loading map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Donut64

Dec 31, 2008
When I make a map, I don't like the repetition involved, so I use quite a bit of prefabs to make things faster. It works quite well, and, actually, saves alot of time.

However, just today when I boot up my PC after restarting it and hoping to get back on yesterdays work on a map I had just started, the editor crashes while loading for unknown reasons.

Then, I thought this could be related to the fact that I saved the prefabs I made, so, I deleted the custom environment files, and, viola, the map opens with all the actors (prefabs) missing. This simply can not do!

So, have any idea how to fix this?

Error is as shown:

erroral8.png

Downloaded UT3 from Direct2Drive; patch 1.3 installed.

SPECS:

Windows Vista (home premium)
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
2 gigs of RAM
Running AVG antivirus
Intel Pentium dual core 1.8 GHz

(using subtractive map)

Last edited:

Donut64

Dec 31, 2008
I'm having additional problems. The editor seems to now be spontaneously crashing on a seemingly random occurrence when loading environment files.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Try deleting your UT3 user INIs (UT*.ini under MyDocs\MyGames\UT3\UTGame\Config), it solved weird editor crashes for me. At least UTEngine.ini and/or UTEditor.ini, if you don't want to kill all you custom settings.