UE2 - UT2kX Dodgejumping bots?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Hi,
in my last map I had some gaps that required either a dodge-jump or a walldodge-jump to get across as a regular double jump wouldn't be enough. My bots didn't want to dodge-jump across so they shield-jumped over the gap (bots don't even get damaged by this), which was good enough for me.

In my current map I have a few places where dodge-jumps are either the best, the fastest or the only way to get across and, if possible, I'd like the bots to do that too.

Is there any way I can get a bot to dodge-jump over a gap?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
You can trick them into dodge-jumping across larger gaps by setting up the navigation like for a dodge-up ramp, i.e. JumpSpot>>bDodgeUp=True. The only drawback of this hack is, that bots won't care about their jumping distance, so it's not recommended for small platforms.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
I tried it but their jumps are too short.
It's not like those would be difficult jumps. Just far enough so a double-jump isn't enough. If one attempts them with a dodge-jump they are easy. So I suspect they don't fail at what they are supposed to do but they don't even try.

They only dodge, they don't do a dodge-jump.

Anything else I could try?

Last edited:

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Ok, if I force double jumps in addition to the dodge-up option they at least do dodge-jumps most of the time but they still fail sometimes. Not because they do the wrong jumps now but because they do the right jumps wrong. Can I make them jump close to perfect everytime or does this depend on the difficulty and is out of my reach.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Alright, a last bump. The bots aren't doing anywhere near as good as I want them to do. If anyone would get certain jumps 100% right you'd think it was bots, but no, they jump worse than I do.
Is there maybe some sort of brute force method that allows me to tell bots "if you reach this PathNode you do exactly this, and by this I mean you dodge in this direction and do a jump at the peak of your dodge. Don't worry about the distance, just do it!"

If there is no such thing and there is no possibility to get them to perform reliable dodge-jumps, no matter how impractical, is there at least a way I can force them to do a shield jump instead?

EDIT: They don't even do doge-jumps on closer inspection. I think they sometimes try a doublejump even though it says "dodgeup" and sometimes they try a single dodge.

Last edited: