PDA

View Full Version : Campaign

B-Z
23rd Dec 2008, 07:28 PM
How would you make a Singe player map pack, or campaign? I do understand how to make a single player map, but not a whole campaign. Is there any tutorials or something on that?

KurtonTheMagician
24th Dec 2008, 06:39 PM
In UT '99?

There should be a class (I think it extends Object) in the OldSkool package, I believe it's called 'mappack', and has all the Default Properties for 'packing' your SP maps into a campaign playable through 'New Singleplayer game'. Like, you can change the splash logo, the title, all kinds o' stuff.

I haven't used the Ed in a while, I'm not sure all of what I'm saying is accurate. Just check it out for yourself, you'll see what I mean.

B-Z
24th Dec 2008, 09:45 PM
I did find the 'mappack' class, but I don't think I completely understand, do I just make a U package that has the name of the campaign in there? Then how do I 'pack' the SP maps to the campaign?

KurtonTheMagician
25th Dec 2008, 07:40 PM
I did find the 'mappack' class, but I don't think I completely understand, do I just make a U package that has the name of the campaign in there? Then how do I 'pack' the SP maps to the campaign?

Make a class that extends mappack (might wanna name it something close to your campaign's title), then fill out all the DefaultProperties info you need. (That includes 'packing' your maps into a single list, so your campaign's maps won't be shown under 'Custom Maps')

B-Z
26th Dec 2008, 06:21 PM
Make a class that extends mappack (might wanna name it something close to your campaign's title), then fill out all the DefaultProperties info you need. (That includes 'packing' your maps into a single list, so your campaign's maps won't be shown under 'Custom Maps')

I'm sorry for bugging you this much but I don't seem to understand :( I did make a class that extends mappack, I got stuck at the part where you said to fill out all the default properties, where do I fill it out, or where do I go to to fill it out?

KurtonTheMagician
26th Dec 2008, 07:19 PM
I'm sorry for bugging you this much but I don't seem to understand :( I did make a class that extends mappack, I got stuck at the part where you said to fill out all the default properties, where do I fill it out, or where do I go to to fill it out?

Right-click your extended class, open DefaultProperties, then look for the +mappack bar and expand that. I'm not sure of the exact subcontents, but it should be in there somewhere. I don't have access to a PC right now, otherwise I'd post some screenshots.

B-Z
26th Dec 2008, 07:42 PM
Okay now I understand, ty :D