UE2 - UT2kX Simple Blocking Volume Properties Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nyagrill

Dec 16, 2008
I have tried messing with the properties of my blocking volume to get it to do what I want,but I feel like I'm going in circles.

I have it setup the way I want except for one thing.It keeps blocking shock cores-wth?All other weapons,projectiles, and even shock beams pass thru so why not cores?It blocks players fine which is also what I want.

Please help.It's got me annoyed because I feel as though I have no other options.

Thanks so much.

_N_

addicted to mapping
May 23, 2008
Canada
Yeah, I tried to do the exact same thing in my map a while back, but couldn't get it to work in the end. For some reason, shock cores seem to be treated just like players in terms of collision.

The only solution I know of (and it's not pretty, believe me) is to create a blocking volume and set bClassBlocker to "true" and then painfully manually add to the BlockedClasses array every last thing you want blocked by your volume :p.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Shock balls, AVRiLs and Redeemers are different from other projectiles in that they are not an infinitely small point to the engine. Using a class blocker is probably your best bet in this case. If you only want to block players on foot and in vehicles, add UnrealPawn and Vehicle to the BlockedClasses list. This way guided redeemers can still pass through. To block those as well, put Pawn in the classes list.

I'm not sure how path building is affected by whether the Scout class is in the list or not if you only block Vehicle and UnrealPawn.

nyagrill

Dec 16, 2008
ill give those a try

Thanks for the prompt replies.I will try your suggestions and follow up.