Help HOLP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
You know that HOLP team? You've burned up their internets downloading their awesome UT3 map packs, and now they're in need of a bit of assistance to pay back their provider.

Of course, you'll want to donate out of the goodness of your heart, but doing so will also get your name on an early access list to the third HOLP pack - which happens to be coming very soon!

They're a third of the way to their goal, so give 'em a few pennies, won't you?

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
Wow, i would donate, but i still haven't played a single HOLP map yet XD. It's on my list though....

Anyways, nice to see this incentive to donate: "Preorder your HOLP3 now!" I'm suprised hal didn't put this spin on it on the news item :lol:

If you donate, you get to download HOLP 3 before anyone else. I'm sold

(damn the avatar above mine burns retinas and destroys computer screens :tup: )

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Wow, Nereid. I had to undo my Adblock whitelist of BU to stop myself from ever seeing your avatar again.

BU is now that much poorer because of you. D:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Wow, Nereid. I had to undo my Adblock whitelist of BU to stop myself from ever seeing your avatar again.

BU is now that much poorer because of you. D:

Can't you just adblock the one image? :O
I did.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
With all do respect but I don't get how you can churn through so much traffic with a site with so little content (1 page...?). We are talking about a HELL of a lot of people to reach that 100gb with a site like that. Hell, I have never even pulled that off myself, with a website with 300 mb worth of images and almost 100 pages of content.

Unless everyone downloaded the mappack from the website itself...? And that is just a really really bad idea.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
I'm a bit confused about this too. I read the news this morning and thought, what, why? I thought the mappack was hosted on other sites. The only link on the website is to the BU mirror.

I know we had the pack hosted on the main site for a few days, but only so people could get it to mirror it for us (like BU). The pack was removed from there afterwards. There's no way there could have been 100gb of usage in those few days.

Still, that was when we released it. I don't see how there could have been so much usage since then. Especially considering the state of the UT3 community, the fact that the site only gives the BU mirror link, and that the direct link is dead.

:confused:

barballs

Packed with Unreal goodness
May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
With all do respect but I don't get how you can churn through so much traffic with a site with so little content (1 page...?). We are talking about a HELL of a lot of people to reach that 100gb with a site like that. Hell, I have never even pulled that off myself, with a website with 300 mb worth of images and almost 100 pages of content.

Unless everyone downloaded the mappack from the website itself...? And that is just a really really bad idea.

Why do you think i was so shocked? We had over 85000 visitors and downloads of the map pack and that was with BU, file front and other mirrors.

I have been in touch with the hosting company and with the next pack they have agreed to setup so mirroring thing within the company so that we dont cripple the one machine limit again. Or something to that effect. I don't understand the specifics.

That's all who have donated so far! Your help is GREATLY appreciated and all your names are on the list for the exclusive HOLP3 info (our way of saying thank you)

Edit: We are at 44.76% thus far.

Edit 2: Uploaded stats page from the site to show the traffic logs for september

Attachments

• stats.png
    stats.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 93
  • stats2.png
    stats2.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

barballs

May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
I hosted holp 1 before with no issues and that had over 4k downloads. To be honest we should have waited for more mirrors. but between out new schedule for HOLP 3 and the arranged file hosing and mirroring it is not expected to happen again and if it does the hosing company won't charge. (Or at least so they wrote)

I really do wish it was avoided to be perfectly honest with you. Its nothing but a giant pain in my bum atm.

barballs

May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
on that note Jos i got my old college server to host for HOLP 3. Thanks to younger bro's mate. So Fiber Optic Atlantic backbone will help ease a LOT of the bandwidth issues next time round me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.