Unreal Editor Crashes on Load

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JakeLV426

Dec 13, 2008
Hey folks, my first time here. :(

So, yesterday, my Unreal Editor inexplicably stopped working.
It just crashes with a windows error on trying to load, trying to
send reports back to mothership microsoft.

All i've done recently is a windows security update as far as changes go.

Running XP 64 sp3
4gb RAM
3.2ghz Dual Core
GeForce 8600 p.o.s

Anyone have any ideas? Of course this happens when my Level Design final is due tommorow. Help!!

Forgot to mention: Already tried re-installing the software. All my drivers seem to be up to date, graphical, mobo, etc.

Last edited:

JakeLV426

Dec 13, 2008
Its UT3, heres the error message:

Error Signature:

AppName: ut3.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.2.3790.4062 Offset: 00022366

There's also some more detailed information contained in the report.
Any ideas?

Note: the actual UT3 game runs just fine

Last edited:

Numb51

Feb 3, 2008
You need to delete your Unrealed.ini or w/e it is in your documents folder. You can delete all of those things since they regenerate after you open up UnrealED again. This bug used to happen to me all the time, and I have no idea why, but deleting those configuration files should fix the problem.

JakeLV426

Dec 13, 2008
Numb, that did the trick!! thank you so much...still got 6 hours until my level is due :clap:

Working UnrealEd on my wifes laptop for the last few hours has been absolutely miserable.

Super thanks to Firefly and Numb51 for helping me out with this !
If you're ever near Culver City LA i'll buy you a beer.