GTA IV

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

falafel

Jan 8, 2006
Anyone here got it :p Bought it but cant get it to run smoothly on my notebook :( Plays laggy, even if I run windows on best performance :( Want to play multiplayer :(
Anyways installing sucks bigtime. You need to register at windows live games site and rockstar social club. Bloody annoying if you dont have those accounts :(

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Never tried any of the GTA games.. I also don't have nothing good to say about Windows Live.. Had that crap with Gears of War, didn't like it either. Don't waste your money on NFS Undercover..

Sky's Dragon

Tha Universal Dragon
Dec 13, 2004
Memphis, Tn
thats y game publishers are putting more emphasis on the cosole versions of games instead of their pc counterparts, unless its based off pc and ported to console

falafel

Jan 8, 2006
yeah, you can see its been ported..... Its like the UT3 menu. Its still the same console menu only now you can click with the mouse but controller keys are still showing.

Iceburgs

The Iceman Cometh....
Jul 22, 2002
Baltimore County, MD
UT3 was really made for PC from the get go. They just really fawked up the UI and omitted to put a LOT of functions/options/modability in the game.
Didn't I read or hear somewhere that in a beta or early test build of UT3 there was a fantastic UI and plenty of "functions/options/modability" to it? Then when one of their last test or demo versions came out, a LOT of that stuff was missing. Epic claimed that they were going put it back in--that it was not necessary for the demo--but then it never made it back.

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
Well, Epic recently anounced that there is an expension pack coming. What will be included in this pack is still unknown. I only hope for a tweaked Low Grav mutator, the current one is just way too floaty.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
There were alot of problems from the start with UT3 but the biggy was playability. Lots of folks couldn't play UT3 cause they required upgrades.

I can only hope this expansion pack is FREE!! If not I won't be the first to test it out..

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, If it ain't free, I'm probably gonna wait a month or so see what the general word is about it and if actual stuff has been fixed/implemented. All in all, the gameplay isn't that bad except when playing low grav where the scale of things just doesn't fit anymore. Maybe all we need is bigger maps tho... Dunno, didn't try mapping with the new Ed yet. I'm hoping it'll fix some of the stuff but I ain't holding my breath.

falafel

Jan 8, 2006
Got my new hard drive and now the game runs smoother. Its actually playable on lowest settings for me. But its not the way you would want to play GTA :(

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Played Demo.. BTW: why not look in the New Game Discussion Thread??

Last edited: