UE2 - UT2kX Lighting question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MagicLawnChair

Dec 12, 2008
So I'm working on a map with some curved surfaces and when light is applied I get ugly looking shadows in the corners. I know the first editor had a bright corners option but the 2k4 editor doesn't seem to have it. Is there any way to prevent This from happening? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Here's a screenshot of the issue:
[SCREENSHOT]http://solarimplosion.googlepages.com/probshot.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

MagicLawnChair

Dec 12, 2008
Well thank you for the info, though it's somewhat disappointing that I would have to go model, unwrap and texture something just to get around this. :/

oh well, this is actually for a school project and I am a bit short on time, so I think I'll just leave it x.x

Vicious3745

Oct 29, 2008
Well thank you for the info, though it's somewhat disappointing that I would have to go model, unwrap and texture something just to get around this. :/

oh well, this is actually for a school project and I am a bit short on time, so I think I'll just leave it x.x

Select the BSP that makes up that chunk of tunnel, right click, convert to static mesh. Just be sure to save it to your 'mylevel' package.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
If you want to keep the BSP then the alternative is to set the shadow mask on the surfaces to a very small value (1-4). There is a price to pay for doing that in terms of file size if you have many areas like that (also some performance hit - these days minor).

Below is a similar curved surface where I had the same issue and the fix was the shadow quality setting:

[screenshot]http://www.margrave.myzen.co.uk/images/FHIShot00472.png[/screenshot]