UE3 - UT3 Linking captured nodes into Kismet

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SamKablam

Dec 8, 2008
I have a level with a series of moving platforms that I want to have activate and deactivate depending on which Warfare nodes are captured. I've tried searching around in Kismet for the right sort of events, variables, etc. but I just can't seem to find the right pieces to put together. Can anyone help me out?

_N_

addicted to mapping
May 23, 2008
Canada
This should be pretty straight forward. There are events for nodes starting construction, being successfully built (i.e. captured), and also being destroyed. All these are available under New Event->Objective->Onslaught Node Event (though you need to hook this up to a node object). Alternatively, the best way to do this is to just select a powernode in your map, open kismet, Right-click and go:
New Event Using UTOnslaughtPowernode_Content -> Onslaught Power Node Event
This will create a new event node in Kismet already hooked up to the node you selected.

SamKablam

Dec 8, 2008
Thanks, but I have already gotten to that part. What I am trying to find is a way to check which team has captured a node, then turn on/off the moving platforms based on which teams have done so.

_N_

addicted to mapping
May 23, 2008
Canada
Thanks, but I have already gotten to that part. What I am trying to find is a way to check which team has captured a node, then turn on/off the moving platforms based on which teams have done so.

Ah, I see. Still, very straight-forward. The Onslaught node event lets you know which powercore the node belongs to. You just need to do a quick object comparison with one of your power cores to determine which team the node belongs to, like so: :)

nodeteamby0.png

As you probably guessed the pink circle is just a generic object variable (New Variable->Object->Object) which temporarily holds the Power Core that the node belongs to. UTOnslaughtPowerCore_Content_0 is the blue team's Power Core in my map. Naturally if the temporary object is equal to the blue team's power core it means that the node has finished building for the blue team, otherwise, it must belong to the red team ;).

SamKablam

Dec 8, 2008
Okay, I have it set up so that certain booleans are made true or false depending on which teams have captured certain nodes. The problem that I am having now is that I have a large amount of scripts that need to reference these booleans. Is there a way to copy the boolean as a reference so that there aren't a million lines from different scripts connecting to a single point? I've trued naming the boolean variable a name, then copy-pasting it, but that hasn't worked.

willhaven

bPimp=False
Aug 18, 1999
www.planetunreal.com
Put the Bool in the highest Kismet folder and define it there. Now N+click and type the same name into the Named Variable you've placed and it should show a green check mark. That's what you'll use to reference it around in other Kismet sequences.

Keep in mind that a Named Variable will only search "upwards" for its definition. If the variable is defined within a subsequence, you can't access it from outside of that subsequence.