PDA

View Full Version : UT2kX CTF-Vengeance

MeanyMortal
25th Nov 2008, 04:12 PM
Medium sized CTF map for 8-12 players. The map was created for a school assignment in which I had 1 week to come up with a layout and another to pimp it UP a bit. After those two weeks I used a few extra days to add some pathing, pimp it a little bit further and nail a few bugs. The map might not be the most visually appealing, but I hope the gameplay will somewhat make UP for it. Enjoy. ;)

Requires ECE bonus pack and possibly some patching.

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?approvalid=5522
http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Vengeancezip/;12462694;/fileinfo.html

hal
25th Nov 2008, 06:25 PM
Looks interesting!

xMurphyx
26th Nov 2008, 12:54 AM
Downloaded it. I'll give this a go when I get home.

Wail of Suicide
26th Nov 2008, 10:35 AM
Looks pretty good visually, my major suggestion (if you're going to continue working on it) is to add a bit more saturation to your lighting.

xMurphyx
26th Nov 2008, 11:15 AM
Yep, the white moon-light looks a bit bland and unprofessional, even if the moon in the sky is grey/white. Some of the corridors could use some more detail and for my personal taste the dark areas are a bit too dark, but maybe that's just me. Seems to be modern in UT3 so maybe others like it better than I do.
Keep it up! The map has potential and it's not like you'd have to re-work a whole lot. It's mainly about "pimping" it up here and and tweaking it there. Really solid.

TheIronKnuckle
27th Nov 2008, 12:51 AM
Will download later, looks nice

MeanyMortal
27th Nov 2008, 08:03 AM
Thank's for the feedback. There's actually a lot of stuff I can think of that needs fixing, but I've got a bunch of projects going right now and generally just felt like throwing this one out of the way. I might look into adding some detail at a later point, but that's hardly on the top of my list right now.

Thank's for pointing out the poor lighting quality though, not really sure how I missed that.

SkaarjMaster
7th Mar 2010, 07:52 PM
Medium CTF, ok compared to Shadar but I thought it was rather large. Map has the traditional CTF feel with a lot of interesting features. Many paths to navigate and nice base flags and central area. I like the fact that the map has dark areas and light areas and both are done well. Kinda hard to CTF without a lot of teamwork, but that's what CTf is all about isn't it.:)