UE2 - UT2kX Vehicles and Terrain and a few other q's

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Phoenix_Wing

Official Kantham Stalker
Mar 28, 2008
California
Well I've finally settled on an idea to make. So far its a main room and you see a crashed drop ship(The air power one) and your task is to go around the hill and go to the other side grab the core, and head back. After you bring it back and return the core the SM of the drop ship disappears and a new flyable drop ship appears. Then you load up your team in the passenger slots and fly off to an island where the passengers jump out and with the chute mod you float down and move on. I have the first bit where the dropship appears done and dusted but every time it spawns it has a little fit with the terrain then explodes. I thought it was just the hilly area it was in but on completely flat terrain it just flops straight through then explodes. Any other vehicle works fine but that one just seems to fall through and explode. Any idea why? It would be a shame to have to scrap the dropship and use Raptors to do it.

Also i have a question about skyboxes. I can use them perfectly but the textures never seem to work. I apply some from Barren Planet and they just look super stretched in the editor and on game. How exactly would i make those textures fit for my map? Its a big 8096 cube on each side. Do i have to change some setting?

Thanks for all the help guys. Hopefully this map will turn out pretty good for a nooby mapper.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Also i have a question about skyboxes. I can use them perfectly but the textures never seem to work. I apply some from Barren Planet and they just look super stretched in the editor and on game. How exactly would i make those textures fit for my map? Its a big 8096 cube on each side. Do i have to change some setting?

Thanks for all the help guys. Hopefully this map will turn out pretty good for a nooby mapper.

Have you looked at the Skybox tutorial here?

http://www.hazelwhorley.com/tutorials/skyboxes.html

The skybox should normally be sized to fit the texture size (typically, 1024x124x1024, 512x512x512 etc)

The game engine handles the translation to the size of the main subtraction.

Phoenix_Wing

Official Kantham Stalker
Mar 28, 2008
California
Well i kinda screwed up the skybox with a cut in the BSP. All the sides work but the ceiling. Turns out i didnt hit align to face. Just copying all the actors to the new same size box now so the skybox will work. Oh and i think im going to drop the ship. It seems to much work to find out why it flops through. Any other flying vehicles you know of that can carry quite a few people? Or should i go with some sort of raptor assault style map?

Thanks again monkey, your a big help!