UE2 - UT2kX Bot pathing problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Addicted

Oct 17, 2008
With regards to:

ai-lift.jpg

As you can see from the screenshot the bot goes through the door, and has to use the lift to go down. The problem that i seem to have is the following:

Top LiftExit
LiftTag - FrontLiftMover
SuggestedKeyFrame - 1

Bottom LiftExit
LiftTag - FrontLiftMover
SuggestedKeyFrame - 0

When the bot goes on the lift he activates the switch and then tries to activate it again (i assume because the bottom LiftExit is pointed to 0 and it cant run the keyframes backwards?). The bot keeps pressing the elevator button and freaks out continually going up and down instead of going down the elevator and then onto the next part of the path.

I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

I assumed this was the problem because if i set the keyframe at the top liftexit to 0 the bot just stands there waiting for the key frame to be correct?

EDIT: If you need anymore information then please feel free to ask so you can help me solve the problem :)
EDIT2: Heres a video of what happens: http://piepiepie.co.uk/dev/uni/ut2k4/ai-lift.avi

Thanks very much
Addicted

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Does this setup really require a Door marker? That door looks like it opens automatically anyway. So, a possible fix might involve removing the Door and PathNode in front of the door and move the upper LiftExit to the spot where the PathNode was.

Also, shouldn't the LiftCenter be based on the lift Mover instead of hanging in mid-air? Path building should report that as an error or warning.

Vicious3745

Oct 29, 2008
can you tell me how you got the bots to use the lift, the ones on my map wont do so. I'm not sure what actors i should be using and such.