Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Review

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Two days after MK vs. DC's release, and the reviews are beginning to come in. Today, 1UP offered their take on it, giving it a grade of B-.

For all its faults, MK vs. DCU is an oddly enjoyable distraction from "real" fighters. Its masher-friendly controls appeal to me in a casual-gamer way, and the midmatch minigames (damage-percentage tugs-of-war, airborne ass-kickings with the defender mirroring the aggressor's button-presses in a bid for dominance) give the fights a sort of party-game vibe. Even the online mode is virtually lagless; outside of a parade of day-one savants, I can't complain. I just wish the game's signature (and somewhat watered-down -- go Teen rating!) Fatalities ("Heroic Brutalities" for the politically correct DC heroes) appeared in each character's move lists, as I'd rather not look up a button combination every time I want to shoot my opponent in the face or drop a Mortal Kombat arcade cabinet on his head. You know, the important stuff.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
The reviewer actually gives it a B-, the A- is from the 1up editors and users.
queue 1 million 'DarkPulse is wrong' tags :)
oh wait, maybe I just don't get how 1up works? :S

Last edited: