UE3 - UT3 Question re: Official 3DBuzz VTM-Basic Level Part 1

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MattSimpson

Nov 16, 2008
I've got a problem with one of the official 3DBuzz video tutorials (from UT3 Collectors Edition) that I hope someone can help me with.

At about 16 mins into this video the following happens;

We're in the Brush Wireframe view. The red builder brush is moved out of the way. The walls of the room (which are yellow) are clicked on (subtractive brush?) and the room is copied.

The problem is when I move the red builder brush out of the way I do not see a yellow box to select. I can see the light icon but no walls to click and copy.

Has anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks!
Matt

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
A yellow brush is a subtractive brush.

select the perspective view and then press Q. this hides the bsp in wireframe mode.

if not then go into textured view and see if its there. if it is hold down shift+control and left click on a surface. you should see the yellow brush

if it isn't try a rebuild and then try the above

MattSimpson

Nov 16, 2008
Great, thanks for the quick reply!

I'll see if I can resolve this using your suggestions.

Thanks again. :)

Last edited:

MattSimpson

Nov 16, 2008
Yep, this worked. At some point I must have pressed Q and hid the brush by mistake.

Thanks for your help!

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
Ya, wish I'd have the VTMs for UT3, since I only have the $20 version of UT3 that I got from Target. However, I do have the DVD Edition of UT2004 with the VTMs. However, I'm guessing that the VTMs from UT2004 are inaccurate when it comes to trying this in the newer engine, possibly. Ah well, I'll wait for their book to release on Amazon and get some ideas from that instead.