UE2 - UT2kX Encrypted File

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

theweb

Nov 16, 2008
Hello ppl!
I trying to translate some images on game based in UE2.5
But, all files are encripted... Its possible decript?

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
Have you tried to view them using whatever version of UnrealEd comes with that UE2 game? Look for Texture Browser and open a file with .utx, you should be able to export the picture into something your PC can read...

theweb

Nov 16, 2008
Thanks for all response...
The game is Priston Tale 2 (www.pristontale2.com), its a new game based on UE2.5, have a same structure of UE games, but the extension format is .ptm (for maps), ptt (for textures) and etc...
Files are maded by UE, but are encrypted...
Lineage 2 use encrypted files too, but have alot of tools to decryp... But PT2 is a new game...
Actually, PT2 is only English and Korean, and i like to translate to Portuguese if possible..
Thanks.

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
Unless it comes with Unreal Editor it's probably unlikely that anything out there can read the files. Either you make a decryption tool yourself, or wait for something else to write it.

Translations are usually done by making new localization files. But I suppose if you needed new fonts, then it'll be trickier as well.