How to get the hidden robot character?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
I was wondering how to get the hidden robot character in UT3. When you go to the Liandri character selection section, he's the last one, on the very right. I can't figure out how to get him as a playable character, and I can't find any tutorials. For the one I did find, it said it got deleted.

UndeadRoadkill

Mar 26, 2001
Yeah, I remember digging him up around when the game was released. It's a little complicated, you have to create a line for him in the config. My UTCustomChar.ini has gotten deleted since I had him last, but I will fire up Ued just for you, because I'm a nice guy. Give a minute, and I'll tell you how to do it.

UndeadRoadkill

Mar 26, 2001
Well, I tried to write up a thing on how to do it with that drop-in method so you don't have to write in your default .ini, but it didn't work, and I don't know why. Maybe someone else can help with that, but if you want to use him right now, you can open up your UTCustomChar.ini in My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config, and add these lines:

Parts=(Part=PART_Head,ObjectName="CH_Corrupt_Male.Mesh.SK_CH_Corrupt_Male_Head05",PartID="E",FamilyID="LIAM")

Characters=(CharName="NewCorrupt",CharID="N",bLocked="false",Faction="Liandri",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UI_Portrait.Character.UI_Portrait_Character_Liandri_Male_Head05>",CharData=(FamilyID="LIAM",HeadID="E",FacemaskID="A",TorsoID="A",ShoPadID="A",bHasLeftShoPad=True,bHasRightShoPad=True,ArmsID="A",ThighsID="A",BootsID="A"))

You can change his name to whatever you want.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
why would anyone use anything other than demoguy?

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
That character (called Tensor) and one or two others are unlockable if you use the UT3 Tweaker application.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Tensor, Matrix...
They're not even remotely smilar to UT counterparts. Using same names for some kind of vacuum cleaners with legs really does not make any sese :p