Level help- adding skybox

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

silverspawn

Oct 13, 2008
Level help- adding skybox to UT 2004

Starting my level design for ut 2004......Would I build my buildings first, then my terrain,then add my skybox???

not hundred percent sure how to start.

how do you add a skybox??

thanks guys Jason

Last edited:

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Starting my level design......Would I build my buildings first, then my terrain,then add my skybox???

not hundred percent sure how to start.

how do you add a skybox??

thanks guys Jason
You can find a good skybox tutorial here for UT2004 (but pretty much works for UT).

http://www.hazelwhorley.com/tutorials/skyboxes.html

You need to be clearer about which version of the game/editor you are using if you want help. For example, skyboxes are obsolete in UT3 and so it is hard to know if a reply about UT2004 (or even UT) is relevant.

I've requested that an Admin move this post to the mapping forum as more people who are able to answer your questions can be found there.

My suggestions -

Terrain, buildings & skybox in that order. You will find that you iterate between the different phases as buildings don't quite fit terrain or vice versa.