PDA

View Full Version : UE3 - UT3 Add bots Trouble addbots 1

sventhors
2nd Nov 2008, 05:34 PM
Cheers,

I am have trouble adding bots to my level. I have added few path nodes (and weapon factory with weapon) and rebuild the level. When I test run it and when hit TAB or get the console and type addbots 1. I get nothing or nothing showing.

I have watched a few videos and read few tutrioals and said the same thing. In addition, when testing level I was not able to get a weapon to test it. Is there a setting somewhere in the UNreal editor to turn it on or what am I doing wrong. Thanks for the help.

_N_
2nd Nov 2008, 05:45 PM
Sounds like you're doing it right... how many PlayerStarts do you have in the map? Also make sure you rebuild paths before playtesting. I'm not sure if it'll work but you could also try checking the log to see what kind of errors show up when you do this.

sventhors
2nd Nov 2008, 06:56 PM
Cheers,

I have tried many different player starts from 1 to 16. I followed the video that came with Unreal. The Special edition (which they said you dont need 16).
How do I access the log to see errors.

_N_
2nd Nov 2008, 07:18 PM
The log is one of the tabs in the Generic browser (kind of an odd place to put it :P) Also, have you named your map yet? If you haven't given it a name that specifies the gametype (like "DM-SomeName") then it might not allow bots to spawn.

sventhors
3rd Nov 2008, 04:54 PM
I GOT it. I Forgot to rename it DM- I had it DM_ thanks so much. You rock....