UT3 Expansion Wishlist

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

You want more or better

• Total voters

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Unreal Tournament III Expansion Wishlist

Say you want something special for the next Unreal related release?

This is sure the place to express yourself. Please state if you want anything specific, like a particular map, mutator or gametype. Maybe a bug fix that you have been longing to see.

I have added a poll also, to generalize and clarify common wishes amongst forumers.

Last edited:

cosmix

XoXo
May 20, 2006
Germany
I wish some great new new content and enviroment. Also a major update of the whole unreal engine to state of the art was a good choice.

Sys-X

Commercialized Killer !!!
Mar 22, 2006
Netherlands
I voted all the options :) Yes I know I am a greedy person.

Tho my maingripes are : the ui, gamespy, serverbrowser, vehicle handling, more gametypes and maps.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Isn't this redundant with the poll running on the main page?
Not everyone visits the main page. :p

I can live without more mutators, but I think everything else is just about required for the expansion to be a success.

• A new game mode certainly wouldn't hurt. While it's good that UT3 trimmed the fat (Bombing Run, Double Domination) I can't help but feel UT3 felt a bit TOO anemic. And Warfare was nothing like it was hyped to be. Something like Unreal II's XMP could work very well in UT3 with some tweaking, I figure, but then again, something entirely new could be good too - if it's pulled off right.
  • New maps are a given if there's new game modes, of course. A few more in each category would be nice as well, especially CTF and VCTF.
  • New Models? At least the XBox 360 ones. Ideally a few more. Malcolm would be a good pick since we know he has voice samples on the official site. And I would LOVE to see Xan return.
  • For some reason, the User Interface seems to be everyone's biggest bug (it's currently leading the poll) and that's a damn shame. It's pretty damn sad when the reason you don't play a game isn't because the game is crap, but the interface is crap. Sheez. That's just stupid if you ask me. Regardless, it could definitely use some TLC, and any help that it gets here will probably be seen as an improvemenet no matter how you slice it.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Where is bug fixes? :p

I voted for User Interface only. Models will be added (such as Malcolm). Fixing the Demoguy bug and allowing more models to actually show up ingame, will give you 'more' models too. It could use a bit more maps and mutators, though I'd rather have a fully functional demorec.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
When you mention the poll on the main site... didn't see that one. This seems a little redundant, but here you can both vote in your own name and comment on it.

Bug fixes is probably a must, but I figure the patches would have covered that already. Future patches for the expansion might do. Either ways, bugs can always be fixed, lousy design is forever.

I only checked the forum and guess what, no poll here before this one.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Didn't vote Gametypes (since the existing ones are already entertaining enough for me), and Mutators, as I used them only one time in UT3.

I wrongly voted Models. They aren't very important honestly, though Malcolm should appear as his model is probably ready. No Xan please.

oldkawman

Master of Your Disaster
I just want whatever will bring more players online.

I just want whatever will bring more players online.

I was thinking if they got the player card thing working. Then there could be some sort of award system that shows a players accomplishments or achievments online. This would be just for the player card. Then those who like that sort of thing would spend their time playing online to add those awards to their card.

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
Voted for models, maps en UI.

Models because I want more since I think the art direction in UT3 is pretty awesome (except for the Liandri, who look rather wacky and the Krall, who look to similar). TheIronKnuckle's comment about the map descriptions also reminded me of the fact that, compared to the previous UT's, the character descriptions in UT3 are very uninspired.

I'd also like to see new maps, especially for the DM and CTF gamemodes. I agree with TheIronKnuckle about wanting the 360 exclusive maps. An official remake of Flux or LavaGiant would be awesome too. And, I believe I said this before already, a map that takes place in a ship travelling through hyperspace (using effects similar to those in UT's Oblivion and HyperBlast, not the HyperBlast remake in UT2004 because that wasn't very convincing to me).

I guess my vote for the UI doesn't need any explanation. ;)

One final note: I want them to re-use the classic Damage Amplifier sound, like they did with the ShieldBelt in UT3. Thanks to the sound the guy who was carrying the Damage Amp actually was intimidating.

Last edited:

ne_skaju

lost and found
Jan 21, 2008
Izvarino
User interface is a very important part of game, even if you dont think so. Of course, all weak parts of game should be augmented.

And, invite Artemiy Lebedev to make user interface if you want it to be good.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Models, maps, and UI.

Gametypes, nah, they need to focus on making better maps and adding gametypes would only thin out the concentration on each gametype. Keep the core stuff, DM/TDM/CTF and make the best maps possible for them.

Mutators? Maybe for offline players, but for people like me who actually play online, they're worthless.

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
I want the announcer to finally stop saying "PLAY" at the beginning of every and each match. Or at the very least put that announcement on the Minimal announcements list.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I voted Maps, Gametypes, and UI.

And yes, I want my Assault.

Edit: Lol Wander, you posted right when I did...

I want the announcer to finally stop saying "PLAY" at the beginning of every and each match. Or at the very least put that announcement on the Minimal announcements list.

Haha yeah, I don't think I need to be told to begin playing. :p
Been there since UT2k3 iirc?