Scythe's eye not glowing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

the_tanuki

Oct 9, 2008
Hi! I noticed that some characters who have a glowing eye (like Scythe and Harlin) are shown properly in the character selection screen, but in game, it only shows a black spot instead of the glowing eye. (http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9263/screenshot00207mf8.jpg)
Does anyone know how to fix that? I posted the question on the Epic games forums but no one answered. Is it possible to edit those existing characters to make their eyes glow propperly?

XeroWolf

Unreal Ninja
Jan 21, 2006
Grenada
I've mentioned this problem to Epic a few times myself but never got any reply either.
I'm guessing it's a feature they planned to use but never got fixed.
For custom characters you can move both the eye UVs to the working eye UV area.
For Original UT3 characters I'm afraid that's a problem only Epic can fix. :(

the_tanuki

Oct 9, 2008
Thanks for your reply. Too bad it cannot be fixed manually. In the 360 version (that I have too), Scythe's eye glows properly though. It's weird that the patches that have been released so far don't correct that bug.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
[SAS]Solid Snake;2198206 said:
It doesn't look like your have post processing on at all. You need bloom + post processing to be enabled for it to work.

i do, full settings and I have noticed missing eyes as well

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
I haven't seen this before, I think or maybe I have. Have to investigate this further. The easiest way to see this must be to play a Novice bot and have Scythe selected.

RennyManJr

Hater in Rehab
Jan 20, 2008
Modena, Italy
www.runesofwar.net
I haven't seen this before, I think or maybe I have. Have to investigate this further. The easiest way to see this must be to play a Novice bot and have Scythe selected.
Just put Scyte as the first bot on the list, start an instant action game and type "playersonly" on the console. It will freeze the bot so you can get close to him as you want :)

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here

The statement Maybe if PC games weren't pirated so much, they would fix it for PC may be obtuse but, it can still be logically correct. The fact holds true that PC games are pirated; members on this board have admitted to pirating games. It stands to reason that if pirates are on their ship and the ship is sinking, the pirates will go down with the ship unless they bail out.

Logically speaking, if you are in a car that is being driven on a the road, you can be considered to be both "in the car" and "on the road" since the car and its inhabitants/parts are considered to be one unit that is on the road. Pirating is like a rider in the car and the issue of alleged lackluster sales and obvious low online player counts is the car. Pirating isn't the sole contributor to low player counts as there are other "riders" in that car; hence, pirating can be part of the problem even if it isn't "the" problem.

Have a nice logical day.