Steel's House (for TAZ and anyone else to look at)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Here you go, Taz. I know you wanted to see them. There's also a bonus at the bottom (it's still just the house, don't get excited).

The house from outside just after I bought it:

The garage (it still looks like this, pretty much):

Looking from front door past living room down hallway (before and after):

Looking at the fireplace in the living (looking left from previous photos - before and after):

Kitchen from the living room (before and after):

Kitchen from the hallway (before and after):

Kitchen sink shot after remodeling (you don't want to see it beforehand, trust me):

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Office; used to be a small bedroom - smaller than BC's, so I converted it (before and after):

Bathroom - on the right was a straight wall because the closet for the /office/ was there, on the left is the thinnest vanity I'd ever seen in my life, along with a small linen cabinet. We took care of all that :2thumb: You can't see it, but there's now a rather large (and nice) linen cabinet beside the sink now. (Before and after shots):

Main bedroom (when looking down the hallway, at the end to the left). Room shots are hard, you know? Second shot is from the far corner looking to the hallway. The doorway on the right wasn't there before. My laundry room was this odd shaped thing with a toilet in the back. We decided to split the room in half, making a true half-bath out of the back portion, with it opening up into the main bedroom. (Before, during, and after remodeling.)

Spare bedroom (hard to see, I'll admit; before and after):

There's other things we did that I don't have pictures for, but that's most of the rooms, now to the bonus........

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
I think only Morty would be able to guess exactly what happened here, so I'll tell everyone else: this is Ike's handiwork. Yep, a hurricane in Ohio. We had sustained winds of over 70mph for more than an hour. Funny thing is, I took a quick walk, was gone maybe 10 minutes, and when I got back, there it was.

I made up a joke about this: What do you get when you cross a tree with a house? A tree house, of course! What do you get when you cross a house with a tree? A large insurance claim!

Hey, at least I got a new roof for free. The tree is over three feet in diameter at the base where it broke, and still stood about 30 feet over the roof afterwards.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Holy Smokes.. Those wood floors look great. You did a one hell of a job.

Is your Neighbor using his Insurance to fix your roof? It is his tree.

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
There are no Home Depot discounts, but if you have an account, you often get 10% off coupons, and we had an account.

My insurance paid me. I wouldn't be surprised if my insurance company went after my neighbor's insurance company, though.

I was without electric for four days. I guess that was about average. I heard of other people that didn't get power back for nine days. I had my roof done by that time. :eek:

Morty

The getting killed man!!
Feb 22, 2005
Ohio...that suck ass STATE.
I can back Jason up 100 percent! I only lost power for a few hours because someone around where I live decided to cut back the trees from all the power lines in my area. Since we had power we gave as much batteries and candles away as we could. My wife and I checked on friends, family and neigbors to see if they were OK or needed anything. We have some trees down in our area but not that bad. I know Kettering was the worst hit and I knew a lot of people suffered without power for more than Jason. But feel for Jason with the damage and without power sucks so bad. I'm glad he was up and running but it really sucks with all the EXCELLENT work he did on the house IKE causes that damage. GREAT JOB on the remodel Jason! You flipin? ;-)

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
You Hosting?? Instead of a TAZ-LAN we can have a Steel-LAN.. I know we can have two a year. I can host the Summer LAN and Jason the Winter LAN!!:):)

With luck we would get snowed in and have to extend the LAN.. :eek:

rpysher5

Pysh
Jul 17, 2008
Virginia
Nice Remodel Job Steel!!!! Very nice all around! Hopefully I'll be snaggin a house sometime next year .... my apt isn't going to cut it when the woman moves in ..... TAZ can vouch for me on that one .... hahah