Game Speed Mutator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
I'm looking for a Game Speed mutator. I haven't seen one before and I have no reason to believe there actually is one for UT3. A mutator like the Game Speed mutator from UT2k4 for UT3. I would like this mutator because I want to gradually change the game speed between matches to become better at higher skill levels. I also want to know how fast I can play the game at lower levels.

Lets turn this into a request as well. If none can point to a mutator like this, please make this one. If you can teach me how to create, it I'm listening.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Hah! Thank you! The simplest solutions are always the best. Will it work online if I host?

Last edited:

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Tried it, slomo worked like a charm, but how are average users going to figure out what console commands that can be used and in what way? Is there a list of console commands anywhere?

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008
Get someone with some basic scripting knowledge to write you a mutator. Could use the code from the Speedfreak and just chage th value from 150% to whatever you want.

I would volunteer but I just recetly discovered Vista with all it's lovely flaws..

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
At the moment I have no apparent need for it. Thought the engine was broken and it was not possible to scale it like before.

Could modify the Speed Freak mutator, name it Game Speed and include a configuration menu for it. Could be a real good starting out in UnrealScript project.

I have bought a beast of a computer, I don't think I have any urge to castrate it by installing Vista.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Whoa, that was fast. Great mods. Thank you!

I actually saw your post as I posted mine and then I saw you post again before I got the chance to double post.

Last edited:

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
I played around with the Godlike bots at 25% game speed and stepped it up 5% at a time. They always seem so invincible until you toy around with the game speed.

Another scheme I use to follow is playing Novice bots at 200% and moving up as fast as I can. When I reach a limit I can't go past I start over at a higher skill level and so on.

Kind of fun to practice normal matches by simply adding 10% of speed, playing at 110% for instance and try to beat harder and harder bots. Using speed as a continuous spread between the few skill levels, figure out at what speed Inhuman bots are equally hard as Masterful bots at regular speed.

Great practice to sum it all.