Most needed features

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
What do you think, what are the most needed features of U2XMP? It is really a cool game, with graphics much better than UTXMP...

1. Bots! We need them! That's the main aspect of the games! And the main reason why U2XMP gets such low attention!
2. Finished Artifacts! I've heard that there's a mutator that gives carriers special abilities, quite like it was meant to be in U2XMP. Anyone know where it can be and if any servers could run it?
3. Reward Announcer! U2XMP is way too silent, with only the boring status announcer. Having the Reward announcer would be a great thing. All those MONSTER KILL!!! (http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=999677847.wav) and LAST SECOND SAVE!!! (http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=324970525.wav) really add to the effect.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
Players, that's the most needed features. But if this game could run dodgable, hackable bots and they are a challenge i would never quit playing this game.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Artifact Powers mutator is included in the CBP. The type of power the carrier gets depends on the type of the Artifact he is carrying.

Without this mutator, the Artifact types simply look different, so mappers may not choose the right types for the map and initial team balance. So when this mutator is used, its effectiveness and fairness is questionable, depending on the map.

Additionally you cannot choose which Artifact to steal; the node has a sequence for the Artifact holders, and you simply get the Artifact in the first holder that has one. It turns out to be a stack, or LIFO (assuming the mapper put both Artis at holders 3 and 4)...

I think I have gone way overboard with the "issues" of Artifact Powers... It is a fun mutator, just not very popular. :p

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Ooh, have to get the full CBP!
And what, you can ACTUALLY select the arties at the node? I thought they were random :\ And the fact that they come in sequence is even better, adds even more strategy.
By the way, what stops us from enhancing the mutator to make nodes spawn random arties then? :D

Oh, by the way, why isn't the music mutator popular too? I would use it a lot! Especially where it fits, like Sanctuary for Garden etc.

Last edited:

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
I think I have gone way overboard with the "issues" of Artifact Powers... It is a fun mutator, just not very popular. :p

Overboard? Nahhh :rolleyes: Artifact Powers enjoyed a nice run on many servers but unfortunately it had that really cool bug that allowed you to get tens of thousands of points very easily. Heh, gutblows turned into "powerblows" :D

Oh and my #1 most needed feature is a mega-graphics overhaul, like high-res textures and widescreen support, etc. I'm sorry but gaming on HDTV's is slowly becoming more and more the norm, and older games like XMP just look like @$$ on a large-size HDTV.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Cartoony? TF2 anyone? I have a 23" TV and it looks fine too, but I am guessing Bleeder is talking about something like 40"+ :D

You can use widescreen, if you choose a widescreen resolution. Altho the FOV is fixed horizontally, which is understandable.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Bleeder:
1) Textures - find a way to make high res textures to be used to replace the usual textures without version mismatches, and I can guarantee some S3TCs.
2) I have a Widescreen too and it looks sweet, same as Tak and Zombiewoof are saying.

And yes, it's not cartoony at all. TF2 :D Or AoE3.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
...I am guessing Bleeder is talking about something like 40"+ :D
Sorry, I should have qualified what I meant by "large". I kinda go by what Samsung considers "big screens". 50" or larger. And yes the FOV is messed up if you try to do widescreen. The game engine really needs to be modified in some way to support widescreen better.