PDA

View Full Version : what the F......

SorayMustDie
28th Sep 2008, 11:45 AM
So Yesterday , My UT2004 got problem and I need to unistall and Reinstall it. So I launch Unreal Anthology and they ask me If I want to remove all the compoment or not , so I click yes.

But....what is piss me off is that...

THEY DELETE MY FREAKING LOVELY UT99 , THE ENTIRE DAMN FOLDER!!

I was like ZOMGBBQWTF?! Because I remember that When I install my UT99 , I install from the original CD ( Not the damn Unreal Anthology ) . Now this is BullS total.

I have to reinstall all my UT99 things T_T ( Mutators , voicespack , Maps , Mods ) T.T

NeoNite
28th Sep 2008, 12:43 PM
I remember wanting to install RTNP when I had already installed UT2004. So I got the annoying removal question. I wasn't pleased. What I did was simply moving all UT2004 content to a temp folder, and let UA delete an empty one.

But it sure as hell didn't touch my UT folder (one which is located in a separate game folder. Also installed from the original game cd from way back). Where was your UT install located.... ?

SorayMustDie
28th Sep 2008, 12:54 PM
I install the game in F:\PC games

NeoNite
28th Sep 2008, 12:57 PM
Funny how my folder wasn't touched, and it's on the same drive as UA. You're talking about the game from the original box, right? Or Goty. Yeah, I know, maybe silly of me asking this...

SorayMustDie
28th Sep 2008, 02:49 PM
original box , but download the 436 patch and other bonus placks from unrealtournament website ( before it got delete? _o )

Dark Pulse
28th Sep 2008, 10:51 PM
I believe Unreal Anthology uninstalls all games it installs at once. It is a bit silly, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

GreatEmerald
29th Sep 2008, 07:54 AM
But his UT wasn't installed by UAnth!
If it was in a separate folder from UAnthology, your UT folder should be nice and sound, only the Registry keys would of been deleted, which only required a UTRegFix.

NeoNite
29th Sep 2008, 07:59 AM
Nothing happened with mine. Still runs fine and dandy.