UT3 DM-1on1-Frantic (not Q4 map phrantic) [alpha 3]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

barballs

Packed with Unreal goodness
May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
Name: DM-Frantic
Version: Alpha 3.6a, 3.6b
Compatibility: Latest Patch
Description:
Fast paced DM 1on1 looking for some feedback.
Comments:
- all weapons
- all items
- pathed
Screenshot:
Old screen
[SCREENSHOT]http://www.pathnode.com/maps/Frantic-1.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
Credits:
Me, so far.
Homepage:
http://pathnode.com
Download:
Layout 1: DM-Frantic-v3.6.zip (original)
Layout 2: Alternate Layout (newwer more open layout)

Last edited:

CPTStewart

May 10, 2008
I'll start out by saying that initially I was overwhelmed by the layout of the map (I played the original layout version first), but after a couple of playthroughs I felt confident enough with the layout and I can safely say that I enjoyed the newer, more open, layout more than the original version.

In the newer version I really like the lift at the Bio Rifle, it makes for some awesome lift-jumps to different spots on the map and the stairs in the original version seemed to take too long to navigate. This was especially apparent after returning to the original after playing a few round of the newer version. I also like that the columns were removed in the new version, it made it easy to get to the upper levels of the map quicker with a Dodge+JumpBoots. Once I got the hang of it I was flying all over the place. Plus, on the newer version I actually won against the bot, rather than the original version where I would just get my ass handed to me :p

I couldn't really find anything that really stuck out as strange to me during the few matches I played. Everything seemed well put together. Great item layout, bot paths were awesome, and it was all around fun. Can't wait to see what kind of progress is made on future versions :D

barballs

Packed with Unreal goodness
May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
I am indeed. Did you get a chance to have a look at the newer layout (A4)?

I was side tracked with a programming project there for a while but am working on Frantic today :)