UE3 - UT3 Minor polish thing - RBBS_Jointactor - stuck on idle?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lungri

Jun 10, 2008
I've got something swinging with the ball and socket joint actor, looks fine in motion but when it stops it just stays pointing the direction it decided to stop in instead of falling back idle and pointing downward...Is there a way to smooth this out?

Lungri

Jun 10, 2008
yea, they wake on level start, and they're all the right things....it works, it's just when they stop moving it's at whatever angle they end up at. It seems minor enough that it might just be some hard coded physics oversight...I can't think of when I've seen swinging lamps in another map...

Snaps_Provolone

Part Time Retard
Sep 14, 2008
United States
The key is that they stop moving. The engine thinks that means leave them in the current position.

Not knowing what and why they stop I can't be of further help, but I doubt I could be of much help anyways. Perhaps just leave them swinging.... :)